Sunday, November 27, 2005

Well, it's Sunday afternoon, and I'm coming to the horrible realization that the holiday weekend is almost over. But then again, that means the H1 will be back to school and his morning ABA therapy tomorrow, so I'll only have one child to chase around for most of the day.

Then there is the gym hanging over my head, taunting me with, "You know, you haven't been in in 2 weeks. You've already used that sickness excuse. Your toddler doesn't have a runny nose anymore, but your butt fat isn't going to go anywhere unless you move it in here." I am still trying to get myself into a 3 day a week gym habit, which I had going great for about a year between kids. Strangely enough, in the 18 MONTHS I've had since H2's birth, I haven't gotten myself back into the gym habit.

I at least accomplished some sewing this weekend. I got my serger to work again, and my sewing machine works sporadically. I have a shopping cart cover partially completed, which is good since it was a baby shower gift for a baby who is now over 6 months old! Whoops! Oh well, I did give the baby's mother a gift instead of the shopping cart cover and told her I'd finish it "soon." Everytime I use my sewing machine I have to really wonder if this hobby brings me any pleasure, especially when I start calculating how much money it would cost to buy whatever it is that I'm attempting to make myself. There are a whole lot of things that are cheaper to buy, look better, and save my precious "hey, the kids are asleep and you can actually accomplish something" time for more important things -- like sitting on the couch, watching tv, and knitting. Which I would have done this weekend instead of sewing, except J was hogging the TV playing Halo.

Well, on that note, J isn't playing Halo right now, H2 will be needing a nap soon, and if I hurry, I can go get dibs on the TV! I need to spend more time with my other monitor, you know.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could knit... I would kill for something to do while watching hour upon hour of television... :)

However, I don't know if you watch Lost, but I'm sure if I did try to knit during that show, I'd inadvertently stab myself or Ken with a knitting needle in some excited (OMIGOD I can't believe that just happened!!) frenzy. So maybe it's best that I don't knit during THAT show. :)

Kristen said...

Laura, I too am in awe over your craftiness. Crafty I am not.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online