Thursday, July 12, 2007

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Hutton, one morning, looking out at the rain: "Where does that light go? [This is a new routine he and Harrison have worked out for the car. At every traffic light, ask where it goes. Mommy (that's me!) replies, "To Redmond. To speech therapy. To Woodinville. To Hell." Well, not that last one, unless "Highway to Hell" happens to be on the radio. In which case, Mommy would change the station. Gotta stop referring to myself in the third person as Mommy!] That light goes to the rain! The rain needs to be all done! Rain be all finished!"

Harrison, in the car, on the way to speech therapy, "What's this song about?" We were listening to ELO's "Evil Woman" on the radio. I replied, "It's a song about an evil woman, like Mommy." Harrison said it was "his song" which means he likes it, and he started dancing in his car seat. Gotta love the Jack FM weird variety of songs.

A few days later, also in the car, also on the way to speech therapy, Marvin Gaye's "Sexual Healing" came on. Man, I love that song, and even though I didn't really need my boys to learn new euphemisms for sex, I couldn't turn it off. Harrison, boogieing in his car seat in the back, announced it was his song. Hmm. Let's wait a few more years on that, little guy!

While watching an episode of "Curious George", in which George buries the only copy of a speech the Man with the Yellow Hat is writing, Hutton got very excited. "Curious George is going to speech therapy!" He was glad he and George had one more thing in common, I guess! He loves this show, and has tried many things he's seen, like building dams in the yard, using the garden hose to make rivers to dam.

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

Too cute Laura. Have a good weekend and Cheers!!

AshleyLeo said...

I love it. Curious George indeed DOES go to speech therapy, aye? ha ha I love that story! But I don't like the previous posts about your sad news. I really hope things turn out. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Alijah Fitt said...

Funny, I never thought about Curious George going to speech therapy. I always loved him. Funny too, my father's famous line as we were growing up, "Hey Stace, where does the light go when you turn it off?"
I finally told him the real answer and he admitted (almost 35 years later) he has no idea the answer to his question.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online