Wednesday, January 09, 2008

It's a New Year...And a Whole New Laura!

OK, the first part is true, but the last is not. Same old Laura. I've been bitten by the New Year Organizational bug, though, which is why I haven't posted since last year. Har har. I always loved that "last year" joke. Said to best friend across the street on New Year's Eve every year: "See you next year!"

The wonderful Kim was kind enough to check in with me and see if I was OK. I didn't fall off the earth (it is flat, isn't it? I'm still not sure, like Sherri Shepherd)> No, I'm still here. We went to Nashville, TN and Pensacola, FL for Christmas and New Year's, and came back home last week, over-loaded with twice as much stuff as when we left. Oh, the joys of gifts. (I had typed "jobs of gifts" accidentally, which seems pretty accurate, when you think about it!)

Since our return, Hutton has been making sure that every toy he owns has "fresh batteries," and walks around with the phillips head screwdriver to try to change the batteries if they're not-so-fresh. Fortunately, we own lots of rechargeable batteries.

I have, as I mentioned earlier, been busy trying to make my home less of a cluttered cesspool. I've de-Christmased our home, cleaned out the fridge and refilled it with food, exchanged Christmas gifts, washed about a dozen loads of laundry, moved furniture around...you get the idea of my excitement filled new year! On the other hand, my evil old dog, Fergus, has been doing his best to make sure the carpets are still freshly peed on. I swear this dog must have decided a good new year's resolution is: Do my best to be euthanized very quickly in 2008. No, I'm not there yet, but the dog has peed in our house every day since our return, and it's usually just a few minutes after I gave him the chance to go outside to pee. Currently, he's in a crate in the garage, but he's been sleeping in the laundry room (the better to be close to the urine soaked towels in the wash, I suppose!). At night, he's been acting like a crazy old man, shaking and panting. Well, I guess that panting is more of a crazy old dog thing. I don't know how much longer we'll have with old Ferg, but every time he pees in my house (or even in the garage, which happened today when I came home and let the dogs out) I seem to be a bit more hardened to his death. Don't get me wrong, I love this dog, and will be sad when he dies, but as I soak up pee, I don't ever think, "Gosh, I love this dog!"

So that is what I've been doing. Nothing exactly blog-worthy. I did want to blog when we were at the in-laws for five very long days, to vent a bit, but I just did some "mental blogging", which made me feel a bit better. Better that than having to try to explain to my extremely nice mother-in-law why I was bitching about everything when she accidentally stumbles upon my blog someday!

6 comments:

Melly said...

Happy New Year! I've been doing the same thing: cleaning, purging, moving stuff...and I must say, the more organized I am, the the clearer my mind is and the more time I save. It's been a good nine days. LOL

We got our fourth dog over the holidays...he's done some marking in the house and he almost went back to where he came from. I hate pee! LOL

Schmoop said...

Happy New Year Laura and welcome back. Cheers!!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Of course I checked in. I missed your posts! Autism can sometimes kidnap the parents too. From this I know.

Kimbally

AshleyLeo said...

Good to see you again laura.

Alijah Fitt said...

I was waiting for you to get back. I also have been purging the house since I got back and it does feel like I've cleaned a bit mentally as well, if only it would last!
I think it would be a good time to let fergus go with some dignity, while you still love him, BTW.

Anonymous said...

Yep, Stacy kicked my *ss this new year with all her organization skills, fix it jobs, clean sweeping, and etc... now that she is going back to school *SOB* I can relax and actually get together with you again!

BFF

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online