Monday, December 11, 2006

Another Gray Monday - Yeehaw!

It's another gorgeous day in the Pacific Northwest. No sign of sun, rainy and gray, and it looks like it could be dusk outside. No, it's 10:30 a.m. I really need to get a spectrum light.

For those of you who've been wondering about that little minx, Jetta (what, you don't remember Jetta? My tempermental car?), she went in to the shop Wednesday. That afternoon they called to say it was a fuel injection problem and they'd fix her up with a new filter, and for only $80 we'd be good as new. I relayed the news to Hubby, who gave me his, "I'm very skeptical" look, then said, "Yeah, I don't think that's the problem." Sure enough, that night when I drove Jetta to my soccer game, on the way home, that good old engine light came on again. At least this time she didn't go into limp mode. I told Hubby, who said he'd take her in again tomorrow, and that he was afraid it was the transmission.

Sure enough, the next morning, I picked Hubby up from the car place, where Jetta was getting a brand new transmission. Woohoo. Friday we got her back, driveable again, but responsible for the big chunk missing from our bank account. Not that we need that during the Christmas season. No, plane tickets for a family of four, car rentals, and gifts for everyone are free these days -- didn't you get the email? No? You must have thought it was spam and deleted it. Nope, re-read those "Gift Card Confirmation" emails. Oh, wait, it WAS spam. Crap.

4 comments:

Schmoop said...

It always seems to work out like that. It just aint fair.

Lisa said...

Spam?
You mean they aren't real?
Damn, I was all set to move to the US
Ive been preapproved for a mortgage, several bank loans AND have $10000 worth of gift cards to furnish said house

AshleyLeo said...

What? Don't tell me you don't have a money tree. We have one in the back yard, but now that I mention it, it's been quite dormant. Poor bank account!

Maddy said...

Ooo you make me quite homesick for old Blightie........but only for a second or two.
Best wishes

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online