Sunday, December 03, 2006

My Poor Children

My poor children are not getting any gifts from me for Christmas this year. Aren't I a heartless, uncaring mother?

Well, take a look at these pictures:



And those are only some of the toys. There are more downstairs. And this is after I've cleaned out a lot of what they don't play with.

I got out the Christmas stuff yesterday, so Santa's village has been incorporated into the rest of the Little People toys that are spread out around the room. Hutton likes to hook all the sets together in a circle, but in this case, it's more like a Gordian knot. Last week, I set up the train tracks on the train table, because before that they'd been all over the floor. So, for a day or so, one could walk into our playroom/office without stepping on toys. That's over now, as you can see from the pictures.

Don't worry, though. My poor, poor, deprived little boys will be getting more stuff from Go-Go and Nana (the names their grandmothers have given themselves). The two of them race to get to the Amazon wish list each year and buy everything. Mom (Go-Go) snapped everything up this year, so Nana will have to just wing it.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Good for you! We have limited our kids to three items each. And no video game junk ~ we learned our lesson last year when Jon developed a bad game boy addiction! I was even praying about his time that he spent hunched over that little red box and the gameboy has just disappeared. I didn't take it and neither did his Dad. I think God did.

SQT said...

We hardly get the kids anything for Christmas for the same reason. We always break down and get them something though. Which is just silly, our house looks a lot like yours.

Kristen said...

We got rid of a ton of toys the other day, knowing how much new crap they'll end up with after the holidays. I couldn't bear to get rid of any of the little people stuff, though (I thought of you!)...

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Tell me that is a a messy day care center. Please. Go straight to jail and do not stop at Toys R Us. My house looked similar until we had to move. Then "fwip" all toys gone for showings. The toys mate at night. It went straight to DVD (for obvious reasons) bur Toy Story Three, "Slinky Does Mrs. Potato Head" was a true story.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online