Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm currently lounging on the couch with my left foot up and my laptop in my lap. My left foot is up because I sprained my ankle Tuesday night playing soccer. I managed to very gracefully run into another player and got stepped on, flipping my foot under sideways with a lovely accompanying crunching sound. I didn't break anything at least, but have a pretty plastic aircast to wear for the next few days or weeks. At least I can hobble around without crutches today, and the swelling on the side of my ankle is down to golf ball size.

Yes, I'm going to be looking hot tonight when I throw on the Valentine's Day nightie and have a big plastic cast over the white knee sock on one foot. The nightie is my gift to Hubby. He doesn't like chocolate or cologne (which I figured out soon after our first Valentine's Day together. Those are the special gifts I bought him. His roommate very much appreciated them!) and doesn't wear jewelry other than his wedding band and a watch. I don't try to buy him electronics, as he knows what he likes and tends to buy those things for himself. So, he's getting a nightie. The plastic ankle cast is a pleasant extra.

Time to go get Harrison, then we'll head to Hutton's school for his Valentine's Day party, so I can keep him from eating all of the gluten and dairy-filled crap they're going to be serving.

5 comments:

Floortime Lite Mama said...

LOL
Happy Valentine's day - hope you foot is better soon

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Ugh! Sorry about your ankle, but you WILL get to lie back and enjoy! :) Yeah, I toted cupcakes to school (GFCF) and threw out about $50 worth of horrible red dye laden crap. Who decided Valentine's Day has to rival Halloween? EVERY Valentine has candy attached! ARHG.

Feel better.

K

Schmoop said...

I hope you had a good V-Day, and that your ankle heals soon. Cheers Laura!!

Alijah Fitt said...

I recently read that ankle busting was appropoe during Mercury retrograde, which it is until Feb. 20th and it seems to kicking butt all over. I almost didn't believe it, but you are the second busted ankle this week in my blogosphere. Hope you are back to normal (ha) soon!

Laura said...

Stacy - That's eerie! My best friend sprained her ankle, too! I believe it! And, yes, my ankle is getting better every day, but I don't think I'll ever be normal. ;)

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online