Thursday, July 06, 2006

Chirp, Chirp

Things are boring around here again. I don't think I need to inflict my boring life on you "readers." I hear the sound of crickets chirping. Readers? Are there any out there?

That said, here you go:

Sunday my sister-in-law and her husband arrive, with their dog, Wiggy. They're moving to Charlotte, but before they start their new jobs next month, are traveling the country -- one of those things that's easier to do pre-kids! We'll have to figure out something fun to do.

I've been feeling a bit depressed because I've been tired and some days I just run out of ideas of fun things to do with the boys. Just hanging out with other people makes me feel better, but I haven't done that in a few days. I've been trying to garden, but it's hard to do that and keep the boys from digging in the new dirt pile surrounding the really ugly satellite dish we have.

See, we used to have a relatively innocuous satellite dish that was small and dark green, so blended in with the plants around it. Because we have a gigantic maple tree in the line of the satellite dish, it stopped working. Hubby called to cancel our service (we were going to make do with, gasp!, basic cable) and the satellite company sent out a trouble-shooter dead set on making sure they didn't lose us as customers. So, last week, after Hutton's swim lesson, I pull into the driveway to find a guy and a van blocking the driveway. I roll down my window and he tells me he has solved our problem, but hubby had been worried I wouldn't like the solution. I look over to a huge, ugly, two-toned gray thing sticking a foot out into our driveway turn-around area, with a pile of dirt under it. What's not to like? I've been going for more of a redneck theme with my landscaping. Hey, hubby surely can't say no to a couple of goats added to the mix, now!

Yes, I'm still on my goat fixation. I don't need a dairy goat, since I don't like goat's milk. I'll just get a regular old billy goat. Or rather, a less-smelly castrated billy goat. Or a doe. Or both! If I do this, though, we'll need some fencing and a goat shed of some sort. Nothing too hard to get. The boys and I are going out of town in a few weeks, though, so I suppose I shouldn't rush right out and buy some goats, since I doubt Hubby will want to take care of them while we're gone. I will wait until my mother-in-law is here next week to broach the goat subject. She'll understand - she's from the country! I plan to do some heavy hint-dropping, as well, that we need a playsystem. Yes, I'm evil.

OK, I'm making even myself bored.

6 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

nothing you write is boring. Trust me. Enjoy the down time instead of being bored with it.

Laura said...

Thanks for helping put things in perspective! Really, any day that we're all relatively happy I should be thankful for!

Unknown said...

Rock on, Laura! I was wondering where you'd been. We also had a tree issue with our sattelite service and even the troubleshooter could work no miracles, unfortunately. Cable sucks, but it has the advantage of having awesome HD picture quality, so I try not to get too sad over being tied to the Comcast regime. lol

We're also bored around here and I'm feeling extremely tired and lazy lately, which adds to the sedentary mix.

I just yawned again. :)

Anonymous said...

You know I almost crashed into your goregous new landscaping sculpture... aka... satellite dish... when I was leaving the other day... I think at someone WILL crash into at night it unless you guys do some attractive landscape lighting to enhance its delicate features....:P

EAC

redheadmomma said...

Hi Laura, have been poking around autism blogs and found yours by accident. We sound in a bit of a similar situation - we live in redmond - my little guy Noah is 4, ASD, and my little girl Maya is almost 2 :) come read my blog and I'll bookmark you - lemme know if you want to meet up at a park sometime. If you're on the autismking or FEATWA alias, I'm also putting together a group playdate of moms who have ASD kids + siblings, probably within the next week. Let me know if you're interested - we'll be meeting up in Kirkland, Turtle park. Take care! Rebecca
www.redheadmomma.blogspot.com

The Davis Family said...

Someone told me about the Kirkland Turtle Park this week. I googled it and came up with your site. Where is it at? Thanks!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online