Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Have a Cold. Whine, Whine, Whine.

Waaa! Poor me! I am stuffed up of sinus and tired from not sleeping well. I kept an ear out to listen for our old dog, Fergus, needing to go out during the night, and when I was able to sleep, I'd wake up to have to go wipe my nose and go between being sweaty and freezing.

Fergus is 14 and a half. He's been having lots of accidents the past few days, and I'm wondering if I should humiliate him in his old age by making him wear diapers. I mean, it's not as if our carpeting isn't beyond help anyway. What's a few hundred more pee stains to clean? Yesterday I washed two throw rugs, then when those were all fresh and clean, Harrison called out about his socks being wet, and I found another wet spot in the carpet upstairs. Then another a couple of hours later. This morning, at least, Fergus managed to pee in the middle of the wood floor, and didn't get any on the newly washed rug. Amazing! It's not as if I don't let Fergus out several times a day. It's possible he's just lazy and doesn't want to go out in the cold. Sigh. Between that and the "potty trained" Harrison ("No, I don't need to use the bathroom!" Ten minutes later: "No, I didn't pee in my pants. Oh, wait, I did.") I've been doing lots of laundry.

Yawn. Time to go get some more coffee. Or maybe I should be good and drink something hydrating. Hmm. If I can park the boys in front of the TV after lunch, I may be able to take a nap. Still, I have to actually make it to lunch. Decisions, decisions.

6 comments:

Maddy said...

Well you have made my day, seriously. Yesterday the little one had 4 accidents and the bigger one had two. This is not the kind of thing that many people can relate to, and the LAUNDRY.
Thank you.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

I'm reporting you IMMEDIATELY to Autism Moms of America. The AMA. You are NOT allowed to get sick per code 322XRT.342. PERIOD! (You aren't allowed to complain about that either.) NO SOUP FOR YOU. GET UP. MAKE A GFCF LINZER TORT AND REPORT BACK TO AUTISM MOTHERHOOD DUTY STAT!

:)

Kimbally

Schmoop said...

While a cold is not the end of the world they are very annoying. So are sore throats. Hope you feel better soon Laura. Cheers!!

MiSScNeLLY said...

Get well soon.

Laura said...

Bleh! Feeling a little better, though, Kim, I threw my AMA manual away as I can't keep up with the rules. Today I openly flauted them - I let the boys watch a Spongebob dvd while I napped on the couch! I also told Hutton I'd get him some fruit leather for a snack "in just a minute" before falling asleep. He found the bag of rice cakes and ate most of those instead. When I'm finding rice cake crumbs ground into the rug later, that'll teach me! Or not.

Laundry - Fortunately, Maddy, it's one of my least-hated chores, though when I have to do extra loads of pee-soaked towels and clothes, I don't like it as much! The worst part is cleaning the carpet. I really want to rip all the damn stained carpeting up and replace it. Do they make flooring that will sound an alarm, or say, "Hey you! Don't you DARE pee here!"? Hmm, if they did, that would probably just scare Fergus into peeing more.

I tried a cloth diaper on him, but for some reason, diapers designed for children don't fit on dogs as well. As soon as he walked, it was off. At least Fergus doesn't have much of a tail to get in the way, but I think I'll have to go for some diapers designed for dogs. Yeah, I've got great "to-do" lists around here!

kristen spina said...

Oh, I hope you're feeling better soon.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online