Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm Still Alive

My cold is officially gone. Yippee! I spent lots of time snoozing on the couch the past week while the boys watched too much TV. Oh well. It's Christmas time! What better time to spoil your children with lack of parenting, right?

Hutton has had ups and downs. Friday, he had a perfect ABA session. Today, not so much. He didn't earn all of his checks (on his chart) and was very upset, then started saying he needed medicine and ate something he shouldn't have. Hmm. I couldn't get him to tell me what he ate that he shouldn't have, though.

Harrison has managed to use the potty instead of his pants today. Yeah! Fergus, the dog, used the rug at the bottom of the stairs instead of going outside, this morning. Booo! I bought him a diaper wrap for dogs, but he managed to wriggle his male dog parts out enough so that he could pee freely on the rug. Oh well. I think we'll need to invest in some new throw rugs in 2008.

We have our big trip to Nashville on Friday. Our first flight this year with the boys. It's a four and a half hour direct flight. Hope the DVDs work their magic! The boys are very excited to see Gogo (my mom). Next week, we'll drive to Pensacola, FL from Nashville to see Hubby's family. Eight hours in the car. Hmm. Again, hope the DVDs work their magic! The boys received some giftcards from my great-aunt and uncle last week that we used to purchase a bunch of DVDs, so we shall see.

Not much else to report. It's raining and cold. I don't feel like cooking. I will be using the out of town trip as an excuse to avoid cooking this week. Oh, I don't want to go to the grocery store and have food left in the fridge. Except...crap! We're out of hot dogs! There goes my fave lazy mother dinner -- gluten and casein free hot dogs for the boys, frozen pizza for me and hubby. Yeah, I'm super mom!

2 comments:

Schmoop said...

Frozen Pizza and Hot Dogs, to me, are gold. Gold Baby!! Have a great and safe trip Laura. Cheers my friend.

Unknown said...

lol... I hope the DVDs work their magic too! I am happy to report that I will get to avoid the travel rush this holiday for the first time in a few years. I look forward to hearing how things go!!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online