Friday, December 07, 2007

The Christmas Card Photo Shoot

This evening, I started a fire in the fireplace. Hutton has been asking me to "turn on the fireplace" all week, so I finally complied. Of course, we don't have a handy gas fireplace, that can be started with the flip of a switch. Nope, our involves all the campfire skills I never had. I got a fire going for a short time, and now our house smells like the interior of a wood stove. That's OK, though! Hutton enjoyed the fire!

So, as the fire was going, I thought, "Hmm, this would be a cute picture for the Christmas cards, since I haven't gotten around to taking any yet." I ran and grabbed my camera, handed the boys their stockings, and starting clicking away.

Twenty minutes, a hundred pictures, and numerous mumbled curses at the slowness of my camera's shutter speed later, I sat down to pick a picture. Lots of blurry shots, a few dark ones, and several bad shots were deleted immediately. The rest I slowly went through, saving ones I liked or thought were funny, then going through twice more, further culling the stack.

Now, I present you the select few pictures I thought were funny or cute, and the select one I will use for my card. (Click on a picture for a larger version, complete with oh-so-witty captioning.)


Oh, and for my eagle-eyed readers, you will notice that Hutton's stocking is, indeed, the stocking featured in the Land's End catalog from this post. Now, did my BFF get a good deal on that one a few years ago because Hutton's name was already on it? I kid!

4 comments:

Maddy said...

This is why I love digital cameras. I can click away at my three little kids and eventually some hundreds later I might just have ONE that I can use.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Schmoop said...

Freakin' adorable. Tell Harrison to enjoy the brains. Cheers!!

Alijah Fitt said...

How do you choose? They are all fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Actually they owe ME money for giving them the great idea to monogram Hutton on anything at all!

BFF

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online