Friday, August 11, 2006

Bizarre Sightings

Yesterday morning, for the first time ever, I saw somebody brushing his teeth while driving. He was driving a beat-up old camper, merging into the 405 on-ramp traffic in front of me, and I caught a glimpse of the tooth-brushing in the guy's rear-view mirror.

I was a bit shocked at first, then started giggling that someone would actually do that in the car. I mean, eating meals in the car is one thing, but taking care of your teeth -- that's just silly.

I stopped giggling when he opened the door and spat his salivary/tooth paste waste out the door. Now that's just gross. Dude, if you're going to brush your teeth in the car, get one of those vacuum nozzles that dentists use. I'm sure the Sharper Image has one that you can hook up to your cigarette lighter. Or spit it in the sink. You're driving a camper after all.

5 comments:

Clint said...

Ugh, that is gross.

I've never seen that, but I do see women putting on makeup fairly often. I've noticed I have trouble getting liquid safely into my mouth while not using a straw - I can't imagine holding a stick close to my eyeball.

But then, I don't do naked coffee rituals in my backseat, either.

Unknown said...

I do think that is perhaps the most disgusting thing I've ever seen in a vehicle. Other than the time I once saw someone vomiting into a Big Gulp cup at a traffic light.

Kristen said...

How bizarre! That's the ultimate multi-tasking. Clint does have a good point about the coffee panty switch, though! LOL!!

Schmoop said...

If the dude was really talented he could floss and drive.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. in response to Allie D... I almost *almost* had to vomit into my coffee cup one morning while driving due to an extreme case of morning sickness...

But toothbrushing is just weird. Can't you do that once you get to the office or in this gentleman's case the reststop? Gas station? Camper Camp??

E

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online