Friday, November 03, 2006

My Pussy Pussy Cat

First pussy, as in full of pus. Second pussy, as in cat. I realize as I type this, that my blog may end up with attention from some people who are looking for an entirely different type of pussy. Sorry, I don't blog about wussy guys.

Tully (yeah, I know, I'm still calling her the old name, though after this, Pussy Tussy will be a nice rhyming name!) came limping into the house on Monday. She doesn't stay out at night, so I thought she'd be pretty safe to go outside a little during the day. Guess not.

She lay around looking sad and miserable Monday and Tuesday, while I stepped over her and helped her get to her food so she wouldn't have to jump (we keep her food on the counter top, out of reach of the dogs) or to get up to the cat bed on my desk, then finally got her in to see the vet on Wednesday. Yeah, I'm a bad kitty mommy, but Tuesday I had way too much do with my human kids for Halloween. Anyway, by Wednesday, her paw was swollen and she was still limping, so we headed for the first appointment we could get.

The vet told us they'd have to keep her overnight so they could anesthetize her to put a drain in her foot, as it was infected, probably from a cat bite, and give her some IV antibiotics and rehydrate her. Thursday I took the dogs in for their check up, and picked up Tully. She had a bandage on one front leg, where they'd had the IV, and the hurt paw was shaved and had two big straws sewn into her paw. I'm very squeamish, so I really don't do well with this stuff. I'm supposed to wipe her paw frequently to keep it clean, and that alone gives me the willies. We're keeping Tully in the bathroom, so she won't drain all over the house, and she's just so pathetic, lying on a towel with her hurt paw and the goofy Elizabethan collar. When she walks, the collar throws off her balance, plus she's still limping, so it's hard to watch her like that. Cats without balance are just so...wrong.

Off to go spend some quality time with my sweet pussy in the bathroom. No, not that one. You people really are sick.

Update and pictures:

She's now moved to my desk. Not draining anymore than I can see. Able to sleep with a big plastic collar on, too. Not bad.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor Tully/Tussy!! I hope that her little paw heals up okay!

Man... you should have had a c-section. That experience would have killed your drain willies faster than anything. ;)

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

And now I know why I don't have pets! You're far more patient than I am, Laura! Hey, anonymous autistic came back to my blog and answered your comment. Check it out.

KS

Kristen said...

Oh man, poor kitty! That sounds terrible.

Schmoop said...

Why did I just think of Russ Meyer?

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online