Sunday, November 26, 2006

Pukey and Tired of Turkey

I've been having this ongoing feeling of nausea for the past 4 days. It's not that bad, kind of nausea light. No, I'm not pregnant. It is odd for me to be nauseated, though. I had zero morning sickness with either pregnancy with my boys -- lucky me, right? I can count the times I've thrown up on my fingers -- well, and maybe one foot's worth of toes. They are pretty much limited to the odd virus, alcohol over-consumption in college, and narcotic pain meds after my knee surgery in my early 20s. So, this is not a normal thing for me. It's not stopping me from eating normally, fortunately (unfortunately? If I skipped eating a few meals due to being sick, it wouldn't hurt my flabby gut any!). I skipped coffee yesterday for the first time in ages, but it made no difference in my nausea levels. I would almost prefer puking to nausea light, though. At least you have some resolution with vomit!

Enough of that. My blog has gotten a bit too scatological lately. I'm going to have work on being more Austenian. She would have never mentioned vomit, poop, or even giblets in her works. Hmm. Maybe the giblets. Have to look that up.

We have finally eaten our way through all the leftover sidedishes, though we still have lots of turkey left. I like turkey sandwiches, but I can't say I'll be eating turkey with stuffing and cranberries anytime soon. Eating those nearly every meal for 3 days straight has done me in for a while, thanks!

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

Hope you're feelin' better : )

Unknown said...

So... you're sure you're not pregnant? ;)

Also, I am familiar with that "nausea-light". I had that with both kids, but worse with Elias. With Natalie, it was just full-on, reflexive vomiting. I smelled something wrong, I'd puke. I'd even THINK of something that smelled bad, or of cheese, and I'd run for the bathroom. lol

AshleyLeo said...

Is there a word for the nausea that comes when I see people I don't like?

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online