Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Trendy Name?

I named my beautiful son, Hutton, after my late grandmother. Hutton was her middle name, as well as her father's (my great-grandfather's) middle name. I liked the name because it was classic yet not too old-fashioned, nor was it a popular name, that would be very common among classmates.

Sometimes people will mishear it as Hunter or Hunton (or maybe they think we named him, "Huntin'?" How's that for a good Southern redneck name?!), but that's OK.

Today, I happened to see an advertisement email from Land's End, the mail order catalog, and opened it to see if there were any good Christmas gifts. I saw this:

Check out the top right corner. Yeah, we've got a bag just like that in Hutton's closet, a gift from my mother-in-law a few years ago! Come to think of it, the stocking in the middle is also one we own, with Hutton's name written on it. Hmm....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well obviously they have great taste!
Cheers

Schmoop said...

Have a great Thanksgiving Laura, and Im glad things have improved slightly over the previous few days. Cheers!!

AshleyLeo said...

You are too cool. Trend setter you! I am only in when leopard prints are in (all my accessories are leopardish). So, every few years.

Alijah Fitt said...

Cutting edge you are. I love the name Hutton, it is very dignified yet comfortable, yeah, that sounds right.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online