Sunday, April 30, 2006

I'm Not Ready for This!

Hutton has started peeing standing up. I'm not ready for this. No, it has nothing to do with my little boy growing up. It has to do with the fact that he has bad control and always manages to hit both the back of the toilet and then dribble on the floor (and his pants and underwear) at the end. I really love having to wipe down the toilet and bathroom floor several times a day, and do more laundry.

Yesterday when I saw this happen for the first time, I walked in and stepped in the little puddle he'd left on the floor. Thanks, Hutton! Now, please sit down and pee like a respectable man. I don't care how Daddy does it!

4 comments:

Doctorboogaloo said...

Laura, when my son was ready to 'take a hand'in this rite of passage, I gave him a very short step-stool to stand on, and a floating target in the bowl. Anything that floats will do... a couple of cornflakes, a Fruit Loop, etc.
It works. Because no boy will willingly waste his ammo.
(Of course, if you are worried that he will then be attracted to guns and bombs, you can always make sure he's seated when he pees. And sure, it'll be easier for you that way. But just wait until he gets to high school and explains to his team mates that 'this is how my mom taught me'.)
I'm just saying...
Cheers. (And thanks for dropping by the old LunchCounter.)

Laura said...

Thanks, Doc! I'm sure I will eventually get over this and let my son pee the normal way. It just annoys me because I have a feeling my husband is the reason for the switch-over, but my husband will not be doing any toilet seat and floor wiping, nor will he be washing the pee-dribbled on clothes. But, he does eat Cheerios, so I'll tell him his breakfast cereal will have to be shared with the toilet until Hutton stops missing the bowl!

Kristen said...

Hehe! Bryce started insisting on standing like a year ago. He's amazingly good at it, considering how short he is. My fear is when QUINN is ready. Geez, that kid can run into a wall three feet out of his way...I'm thinking the target practice idea isn't going to work for him.

Jennifer said...

Oh gosh--I haven't even contemplated this with Lucas! Eek! Thankfully he likes to clean--maybe he'll be neat and tidy. Ha!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online