Thursday, May 04, 2006

A Lovely Day in May

Today Hutton did not have school, so after his morning speech therapy, we ran some errands and then took a lovely drive home going "the long way" on some backs roads through the country. It's a beautiful, sunny day, so driving around with the sunroof open and the windows down was so nice!

When we got home, we whipped out the Spongebob Snocone maker, a Christmas gift from my friend, Liz, who remembered how I always lamented never getting a Snoopy Snocone Machine as a child, even though I asked for it every year for Christmas. What a great friend, huh? After assembling the machine, and finding a missing piece in a toy box in the living room (glad I didn't throw out that weird brown piece of plastic when I found it somewhere several months ago!), I started cranking away. We added some Hi-C syrup from the gigantic bag leftover from Hutton's school Walk-A-Thon last month (I had picked up the giant jugs from McDonald's, and had to buy a big box of Hi-C concentrate, and as only about 100 kids walked in the Walk-A-Thon, there was lots of syrup leftover), and they were pretty darn tasty!

Then, we went outside to enjoy the sun. As the boys pushed the toy car around, I set up a flower sprinkler I'd bought earlier in the day. I was unreeling some hose, and saw a tiny little frog hiding on the hose holder. Anyone who has ever been to my house would know that I'm a frog fanatic, so I was very excited, and after showing the froggy to Hutton, ran inside to get my camera. I took some pictures of the boys, while I was at it.

Driving N Smiling Posted by Picasa

The car must be out of gas. Posted by Picasa

After capturing the frog on CompactFlash (and scaring him off with the flash in the process), I turned on the flower sprinkler, which was crazy and a little too unpredictable. I soon moved it to a sunnier spot in the yard, far away from the hammock!



Tiny little frog by the hose Posted by Picasa

Frog compared to hose for size Posted by Picasa

Crazy flower sprinkler getting a little too close to my hammock. Posted by Picasa

Hutton enjoyed turning it on and off over the next couple of hours, while Harrison and I lounged in the hammock for a while. Then while the boys played in the sandbox and rode their trikes, I did some weeding and pruning. Now I must take a nap, as Harrison's decision to not sleep through the night had a direct effect on my not sleeping through the night, either.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

The boys are so cute! I can't believe how big Harrison is! The frog was awesome - so tiny!

Unknown said...

What an awesome day! Man... I had one like that last week where it was just beautiful, the kids had fun, and I felt like I accomplished some things as well. I wish they could all be that way. :)

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online