Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Goodbye, Carmen

My blog friend, Carmen, of Good Times and Boxed Whine, passed away last month from complications of scleroderma. She was on a list for a lung transplant, and dreaming of a second chance at life, without needing to cart around an oxygen tank. She was only 34 years old, the age I am now, feeling young and somewhat invincible until I thought, "Hmm, I haven't read Carmen's blog in a while. Think I'll head over and see how she's doing."

As I read the blog posts at the end of October, I started to cry and said aloud, "I'm so sorry Carmen! I miss you!" I felt so sad for Carmen and her family, and guilty for being a bad blog friend and not having visited her blog recently.

Carmen leaves behind a husband and son, Dominic. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers, and go over to read some of Carmen's blog and see what a wonderful, positive, thoughtful person she was. The song that plays as you enter, Time of Your Life, is very fitting.

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

I saw that and left a comment. Sad.

Unknown said...

I was devastated to read this. I was a friend of hers over on Myspace and so I heard this a couple weeks ago and left a comment on her page over there. She was such a wonderful person and was there reading my blog almost from the very beginning. I too hadn't heard from her in about a month or so and then a bulletin was posted from her husband over on Myspace letting everyone know that she passed. My heart goes out to him and her little boy...

AshleyLeo said...

How horrible. I get so confused why stuff like this happens. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to reading her blog. I'm really sorry.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online