Saturday, November 10, 2007

Sink Your Teeth into This

The latest happening:


Hutton lost his first tooth today! We were driving around this afternoon, and he was eating a chewy granola bar in the car, and started to complain about his tooth being broken. When we stopped, I looked at it, and realized it was loose. Hutton wasn't too happy about it, even though I explained about the Tooth Fairy (yeah, I did all that crazy nonsense!).

We called my mom to share the news, and she shared some news of her own. Apparently, my cousin and his wife are getting divorced. Cousin's wife took the two kids (2 and 4 months) with her out of town with her for the weekend, and when she came back, asked Cousin why he'd changed the sheets on the bed. Answer: Because I had someone here when you were gone. Asshole of the Year Award goes to my cousin! Well, I really don't know much about their relationship, but I think having an affair, or even a meaningless fling, when you have a four month old son is craptacular.

When we got home, Hutton was still wiggling the tooth, and it popped out right after I got the extreme close-up shot. Then, I took the blurry second shot. Now I have to figure out what to have the Tooth Fairy put under the pillow. Dental floss perhaps? Just kidding, though I do have some on my desk from my visit to the dentist last week.

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

I agree...One should wait until their child is at least six months old before having an affair. Cheers!!

Laura said...

Ahh, six months. You're such a hopeless romantic, Matt-Man!

AshleyLeo said...

That sucks. Your cousin definitely gets the award! Congrats on the tooth. My daughter has lost several, but each time she swallows them! We leave the tooth fairy notes. Funny.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online