Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Slipping Back to My Old Ways

Yep, posting sporadically again!

We went to a party Saturday (the same friends who had the Halloween party I posted about here) for St. Patrick's Day. I had contacted a potential babysitter who seemed great. She'd worked with special needs kids before, was nearby, and sounded excited to watch Hutton at the party, and to watch both kids in the future. Yay!

Except...she never showed up. I'd emailed her Friday night before the party to remind her, but since the weekend before she was still on board, I didn't think there'd be a problem.

She didn't call to tell me she couldn't make it. She didn't call to explain afterwards why she didn't show. She didn't even email an excuse or apology.

Sigh. I miss my Stacy! Stacy is our former babysitter, and still sits for the boys when she's home over the summer and winter breaks. Stacy is a junior in college in Connecticut. Her mother lives about a mile from us. She's wonderful with the boys, and does all kinds of chores as well. One summer she organized our garage for us. Yes, amazing.

Anyway, the party was fun. The boys both watched a movie with the other kids (Underdog) and stayed entertained until 10 o'clock! Their normal bedtime is 9, so I was very impressed Hutton didn't ask me, "When are we going home? When are we taking a bath? When are we going to bed?" a hundred times. I talked to a women for a long time and really liked her, though of course, don't remember her name! We were sitting at the injury table -- she had her foot in a walking boot and I didn't wear my aircast, and because of that was limping in regular shoes. (I am tired of wearing running shoes all the time, since they're the only shoes that fit over my big honking aircast!) I don't know what the party hosts thought of our lack of sitter, but I actually enjoyed myself and didn't care. They had hired two babysitters anyway, and as I said, Hutton was fine. Maybe next time they invite us to a party they won't ask Hubby if we can bring our own sitter with us? Who knows. Either way, I need to find a reliable babysitter!

5 comments:

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

CT???? WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Hello, Stacy, um, I'm a bloggy buddy of Laura and....."

Laura said...

Haha! She goes to Trinity, wherever that is located. She plays lots of sports (has a softball scholarship) so her school year is pretty busy. If you're anywhere near Trinity, though...

Alijah Fitt said...

Not even a phone call to say she wouldn't make it? That is so cruel.
BTW I just spent some fun time playing hangman on your site, do I have bunches of homework to do right now? you bet. Think I will try to post this game on my page, seein how. . .

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Dang - Hartford is too far. Yale? Yes. Sacred Heart? Yes. Trinity (great school by the way) too far!

Shucks....

:)

ORION said...

Hey I read your comment on Kim's blog!
I'll be in Seattle again sometime in June and also in September...

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online