Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Never a Dull Moment

BetsySally

This evening, I decided I couldn't wait any longer, and had to make another grocery store run. I'm out of milk, which means I can't drink my double lattes in the morning. I substituted almond milk today, and let me just say...NO. Don't try that again.

So, I got the boys in the car. Well, first I disassembled Hutton's carseat, because he's 41 pounds now, and therefore too big for the harness on the carseat, so it was time to convert it to a booster. I didn't realize what all this entailed until I attempted to take the harness off the carseat. Thirty minutes, a screwdriver, and some baby wipes later, we were back in business. Off to get groceries.

I pulled up to the stop sign at the end of my street, and saw a dog run across the busy road, narrowly being missed by a car. I got out of my car, and the dog came running up, and very sweetly licked my hand. I checked its collar. No tags. After looking around for possible owners for a few minutes, I got the dog into the car, and headed off to the grocery store again. Spent an hour in the grocery store, looking at all the possible foods. Found some cereal, more rice tortillas, rice pasta, and even rice pizza crust! (Well, rice and potato.) I then came home, stopping by the stable across the street to see if anyone knew the dog in the back of my car. No luck.

So, "Betsy," as Hutton has dubbed her, made herself at home, had some dog food with Sally and Fergus, and is currently being chased around by the boys. For some reason, a strange, new dog is very much more exciting than the dogs we already have. Betsy has been getting many pats.

I made the new pizza crust, with marinara sauce, spinach, basil and grated carrots on top. (No dairy in the new diet, remember?) The boys both ate it, and I found it acceptable. Not the best fake pizza I've ever had, but not any worse than the regular crappy frozen pizza Hubby likes!

Now, I'll try to make a "Found Dog" flyer, but our printer is pretty crappy, so I don't know if they'll turn out OK. We'll see!



Betsy and Fergus waiting for dropped food
"Pizza"
Hutton
Harrison and Tully

2 comments:

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Lawrer, you do realize that you now have to remove "uh cheese" from your profile? GFCF, baby. It does get easier as you get used to it. Hang in there! :)

AshleyLeo said...

Your pizza commentary was too funny! Oh well. For us, going on the "crazy" diet became a spring board for ethnic foods. Eventually, Leo became a sushi and Mexican food enthusiast! A good thing since mom loves it.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online