Sunday, February 25, 2007

ehhhhhhhhhh

That is how I currently feel this evening.

I slept late this morning. THANK YOU BOYS! Can you believe they kept themselves entertained until 10 a.m.? Wow! After a leisurely breakfast and late shower, I went outside to get some yard work done.

We still have lots of tree branches everywhere from the big windstorm in December. The front yard and driveway are picked up, but the front beds and the side and back yards are very messy. I fixed the plastic border stuff that keeps the dirt contained in the front beds, which involved pounding plastic stakes in the ground with a mallet. Then I raked up leaves. We have these ginormous maple leaves that are about the size of dinner plates, and they get wet and are so...ughhh. Not fun to clean those up. I wish Hubby would mow them in the fall before it starts raining. Guess I should add that to the do it myself list.

After clearing big maple leaves, my leather gloves were soaked through, so I found a single rubber gardening glove and started picking up fir branches, trimming ferns back, and other assorted things. I came in after three hours, when I realized I was starving from not having had lunch and feeling like I might pass out in a pile of wet leaves or branches. After I stuffed my face, I noticed my back feels sore and I really want to go to sleep, but have to go make dinner and help Hutton with homework.

Yawn. So, that's how my Sunday was. Yesterday Hutton and I went to a school friend's birthday party which was crazed, but fun. Then I headed to my friend's birthday lunch at a restaurant without kids.

School starts again tomorrow, which will be nice, because it seems like Hutton has been playing too many video games lately. I have to start researching school for next year. The special education director wants Hutton to repeat Transition Kindergarten next year, and there's no way in hell I want him in the same class with his current teacher, AKA Mega Bitch.

Oh, I ran into a mom I recognized from Hutton's preschool at the doctor on Friday, and come to find out, her son was in Mega Bitch's class last year. They switched him out at spring break after dealing with over six months of mean emails and hearing about how immature and not good for her class he was. I'll be calling her to discuss her situation and hopefully, her research in the school district and private schools will help me save some time!

Off to make dinner. Curry chicken with quinoa. Let's see if the boys will eat it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh yeah, Carmen asked if I watched American Idol - the ladies. I did watch some of it, and liked Lakisha and Melinda. Melinda lives in Brentwood, TN, where my Mom and Stepdad live, so that wins her points in the Laura grading system, plus she has a great voice. Lakisha has a kick ass voice. But, then, neither one makes me squee, so we're just going on voices for the ladies.

Let's see if I can get back to posting more than twice a week now that late winter break is over! Oh, and I also have to start going to the gym so I can get in shape for soccer. Did I mention, ehhhhhhhhhhhhh?

5 comments:

Schmoop said...

You used the word "ginormous". Rachel Ray uses that word. I hate Rachel Ray.

Laura said...

Well, Matt-Man, I'm sorry. I have never watched Rachel Ray, so I had no idea. I have the good sense to leave the room or turn off the TV if she appears. Are there any other Rachelisms I need to avoid, or have you already written me off?

Schmoop said...

Au contraire...Writing you off would be like writing off the sun, the moon, and the stars...Or something like that.

Laura said...

Ahh, thanks! I just googled Rachael Ray and I have one last thing to say (type), which I promise to never repeat: Yum-o!

Unknown said...

I still need to clean up my yard (and my roof) from the wind storm. I have piles of branches I've raked up, but there is still a fallen tree in my side yard that is looking oh-so not-so-good.

I'm pulling for Lakisha on Idol. I have to say -- I'm thinking it's definitely going to be a girl this year. None of the guys are really doing a whole lot for me. We'll see how it goes tonight. :)

And I loooove quinoa! I hope you rinsed it before you cooked it though, or it'll taste like soap. Yum-o!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online