Sunday, March 18, 2007

Another Busy Weekend

Golly, I've accomplished so much this weekend! Yesterday I got up late, showered and went to the grocery store, sans kiddies. Last night I stayed up so late I got to watch the local Seattle "comedy" show from the early 90s, "Almost Live." It comes on after Saturday Night Live, and is surreal in just how cheesy and 80s the performers and audience members all look. You'd never know from watching the show that the grunge scene was happening in Seattle at the time. I then watched some "Excess" weekend show, and a infomercial from a local builder, Quadrant Homes. (Gee, I sure wish I had a spacious new Quadrant Home, instead of my mid 80s fixer upper! It really seems so fun and easy to build a home to my exact specifications!) I was growing tired, by the time the infomercial started over again, but the big yarn ball I was attempting to untangle was still tangled, and I wasn't going to bed until it was untangled, by gum! (Do you like my new words I'm using instead of curses?)

Anyway, after going to bed around 3 a.m., I was cursing myself for being stupid silly. (Yeah, even stupid gets the cut -- thinking of words I don't want my almost 3-year-old using! Because, you know he's reading my blog!) I mean, I already have a cough and sore throat. Did I really think going to bed at 3 a.m. iss the best way to optimal health?

This morning, the boys were up around 8, and Hubby had a conference call with some guy in Germany - yes, that's why it was at 8 a.m. on a Sunday - so I had to get up to get the boys breakfast. After feeding children and pets, I promptly went back to bed for three more hours. Ahh, that's the way I like to spend my weekends - pure sloth!

I've had a bad weekend NCAA basketball-wise. On Matt-Man's blog, he posted about his tournament bracket the other day, and I'd commented that I didn't really care if Duke wins, but really didn't want UNC to win. Matt-Man assumed this was because I went to NC State, but no, I went to Duke (or, the Evil Empire, as Hubby's Evil Cousins who went to UNC call it). Anyway, the reason I didn't really care if Duke won was because of their mediocre regular season, and it's a young team, so I wasn't expecting much from them. (Drat, I've failed my team, by not believing in "The Secret"! If only I'd thought more about them winning, the would have blocked that last shot the other day!) So, Duke lost, and the REAL Evil Empire won yesterday. The only silver lining was Hubby's school, Vanderbilt, won yesterday. Of course, I wouldn't have been sad if they lost. Sour grapes.

So, it's 1 p.m, I'm still drinking coffee* and wearing my pjs, and the boys are asking about lunch, so I suppose I better go.

Oh yeah, in addition to getting to the grocery store, I also did a gazillion loads of laundry. That's all the excitement I have in store for me this weekend!

*Today I had a crazy idea, and made my double shot latte with chocolate almond milk instead of regular cow's milk. It's really good! I have gone milk-free before -- when I was a newlywed, I drank soy milk for a year -- but it never lasts. We'll see how almond milk thing does. It works on coffee, but I don't know if I can handle regular almond milk in my cereal.

Oh yeah, Part II -- I only posted this, er, exciting post, because McEwen called out my lazy ass! (I still use ass, because here I'm comparing myself to the animal, of course.)

4 comments:

Maddy said...

Golly! Well I sure am glad that you're picking up the lingo dearie. I can highly recommend Spongebob [the little guy that I love to hate] then our children can swear at each other a la 'Barnacles! Fishpaste!'
You failed to advise us of the task completion? [ball of wool] Additionally, purpose of ball of wool? I expect a knitting pattern by return.
Cheers

Laura said...

I like "Fishpaste!"

Oh, I was knitting a blanket until the end of SNL (1 a.m.), then moved on to untangling yarn. I always make the mistake of leaving out my yarn, and it gets knocked on the floor, trampled by children, the kitty plays with it, etc. Instead of just cutting it, I always get sucked in to trying to unravel it, which takes hours. It's like a form of therapy, I suppose!

I'm knitting a blanket from a pattern from a book I got on sale a while back. It's very simple - garter stitch border for 7 rows, then knit 4, purl 2, knit 3, purl 2 (repeat 2 purl/3 knit till the last 4 stitches, then knit 4), next row knit all, then repeat kn 4, purl 2, etc. row. Keep going until the blanket is big enough. It's easy, has a nice garter stitch border around the edge, and a simple but interesting look to the blanket body. I'm using a pretty blue and white yarn I bought a while ago, and hoping my SIL is having a boy! We'll see. If not, I can always whip up a pink one.

Schmoop said...

Wow, that's a ginormous amount of laundry Laura!! Duke grad, eh? BTW my bracket is now lining the bottom of our cat's litter box. Cheers!!

Unknown said...

I don't like my kids saying "stupid" either. Or the word "hate." In other words, regular words that exit my mouth of a daily basis. ;)

I remember watching Almost Live when it was a relatively new show and it was briefly on Comedy Central. My favorite sketches at the time were Mind Your Manners with Billy Qwan and the superhero known as Speed Walker. It's good to know that Bill Nye has gone on to make a name for himself, and Pat Cashman does voice-overs for Foster Farms and Taco Time. lol

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online