Sunday, March 11, 2007

Snore

No, I'm not on hiatus, like so many of my blogger friends are this week. It just seems like that, since I haven't had time or the inclination to post. Plus, my posts lately have had a less than overwhelming critical response from the mass of readers I get. By "mass" I mean less than three.

I forgot about the oh-so-savory Daylight Savings Time until late this morning. I thought I was sleeping late. Well, guess I slept even later. Then, by the time I ate breakfast and showered, the day was already gone. So much for savings! I did get some couch-sitting and knitting in, while watching "Tristan & Isolde" on TV. It was OK. I remember reading it in French class in highschool, though it was called "Tristan et Iseult" in French. The movie was somewhat interesting, but not really life-changing; though, since I'd already lost an hour to Daylight Savings, it wasn't like wasting another few hours watching a "meh" movie could hurt (after watching an oh-so-exciting Thomas the Tank Engine adventure with Harrison - so yet another "wasted" hour!). Hey, I got probably three inches of a blanket knit during that time, so I have something, other than an extra inch of fat on my ass, to show for it.

Speaking of fat-asses, I've been to the gym twice now this week -- yesterday and Thursday -- in the attempt to at least tone up my fat-ass somewhat, so I'll be ready to huff and puff on the soccer field in a few weeks. My mother has added some fire to my desire to work out as well. She's been walking every day, and is now only about 4 pounds heavier than I am. Mom turns 60 this year and is still teaching sixth grade full-time, and if she can lose 20+ pounds by walking every day and eating healthfully, then I have no excuse. Well, I have plenty of excuses, but none that really count.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I keep wondering when the desire to work out and actually be healthy is going to enter my agenda again. It sucks...

Daylight Savings Day was a waste around here as well...

Mom without a manual said...

Don't get down about your mass of readers. I've been telling people to smurf off for days now...

About the gym. It's a wonderful concept but too much work. It's also on my list to do every day but (as is normal) since it more for me than the kids it tends to get skipped. Priorities, you know!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online