Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sanjaya: WTF?

I watched American Idol last night since we played our weekly soccer game Sunday instead of Tuesday night. I was very impressed with Gina for the first time ever, and I loved Melinda, as always. Even Nosferatu Phil sounded good. When they showed a brief shot of Sanjaya before they cut to commercials, my brain couldn't process what was going on with his hair. It looked like a big puff on his head, like Pebbles Flintstone's hairstyle, minus the bone.
When he came on to perform, I realized it was worse than I thought. He looked like a Trojan warrior, minus the helmet part of the helmet - just the plumage. And his performance...uh, let's just say I don't have anything good to say about that.


Simon actually summed it up pretty well when he told Sanjaya it really didn't matter what he (Simon) said, implying crazy people will still vote for him. We shall see!


I think Hayley or Sanjaya need to go. Though Chris Sligh's performance was pretty bad and he's never really impressed me, I'm willing to give him another week or two. (Aren't I nice? Like I have anything to do with who will succeed on the show!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A sort of related nicety: Yesterday I was watching a DVD with the boys before bathtime, and when I turned the DVD player off, American Idol was coming on. Hutton looked at the TV and said, "F O X spells fox!" He had read the FOX icon on the corner of the screen. Yay! And here his report card last week was saying he didn't know any sight words. I beg to differ!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Could the guy get any more freakish?? WTH?

Notice how Gwen Stefani just could not come up with anything nice to say last night in regards to him? LOL

Anonymous said...

Good for Hutton! Sanjaya - I admit to never having watched idol, but I am a Howard Stern listener so I hear all about the show. I honestly thought they were spoofing the kid's name and calling him "Mangina" (a term they use for a transsexual's female organ.) That Mohawk sure got attention though. The kid has a great smile.

Kim S.

Carmen San Diego said...

This year it's vote for the worst. That is why Sanjaya is still around. There is a website and Howard Stern has even asked his fans to vote for the worse so get use to seeing Sanjaya around for awhile. He sucks and so does Haley, or atleast that is my opinion.

AshleyLeo said...

Love those site words Hutton! Good for him. Hey Kim, I am a bigtime H. Stern fan, and not with a K. Love my Sirius. I hope the merger goes well between XM and Sirius.

Laura said...

Allie - Yeah, Gwen seemed like she was struggling with things to say for lots of them. "Uh, nice shoes!"

Carmen - You may have something with the Vote for the Worst! I think if half the country is doing that, and the other half if voting for people they actually like...hmm, the finals should be very interesing!

Kim - Yes, Sanjaya is cute, and I liked him at the beginning (see several posts back) but then I realized he just doesn't have the singing skills of some of the older folks. It seems like he's resting on his (hair) laurels.

Kim and Ashley - I like Howard (no K) Stern as well, but don't listen now that he's on Sirius. I tend to listen to NPR or the Curious George soundtrack in the car. Curious George is a great soundtrack, though! Like the They Might Be Giants kids' CDS, it's kids' music I can handle listening to!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online