Thursday, October 19, 2006

I Just Don't Get Some Things

Like this:



Why do you have an anchor in your front yard, chained off? Your yard is not ocean-front, or even lake-front. True, it was probably underwater many, many years ago, but it's not currently even near water (barring Lake Washington, which is about 2 miles away).

Are you waiting for a new flood, so when a modern day Noah swings by to pick up your family and pets, he can anchor himself down? Perhaps this is an ancient anchor you found while making a new garden bed, that you believe to be a relic of Noah's? Are you a retired sea captain, and just couldn't bear to part with your ship, so you kept the best part of it to put in your front yard to remind you of the sea? I don't know. I just know that as I was stopped at a red light for two or three traffic light cycles, your front yard decoration struck me as odd, like an anchor out of water.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm... it could be that he has a huge, invisible guard dog...

Dayngr said...

Oh please knock and ask, now I want to know too!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online