Friday, April 27, 2007

Everyday Smiles and Happy Tears

In my last post, Lisa posted in the comments about a happy moment with her son that brought tears of joy to her eyes. I started to write this in the comments, but I'm so long-winded, I decided to make a new post instead.

I have happy moments quite a lot with my boys. Moments I just enjoy seeing my children smiling and happy doing everyday stuff. I get happy tears from everyday stuff, too. One from yesterday: I was driving home, and looked back at Hutton in the little "kid view" mirror I have attached at the bottom of the rear view mirror. He met my eyes in the mirror and smiled his beautiful smile. EYE CONTACT! AND A SMILE! For the parent of a child with Autism either of these is great, but together, they're so wonderful. My eyes are tearing up just writing about it. Then I reached my hand back, palm up, and he reached forward to put his own little hand in mine for a squeeze. This wasn't the first time we've done this, but it makes me smile every time.

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

A nice post with which to kick off the weekend Laura. It made me smile not only for you, but it made me think about me and Ryno going out to breakfast tomorrow. I just when we spend tim etogether. Cheers!!

Lisa said...

Aww, that really is sweet

Wanna swap him for a teenage girl? I'll even throw my preteen in for free!

I remember waiting for them to walk and talk, now I want them to sit down and be quiet...

Melly said...

That's awesome. Just awesome.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online