Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back to the Grind

Well, sort of. School starts back tomorrow. The weather is crappy, cold and rainy again, and has been most of the week. Happy Spring Break, right?

This morning I was greeted by not one but TWO poopy diapers. Yay. Hutton still wears a diaper overnight so I don't have to change the sheets every day. I really need to start waking him up overnight to do his business in the potty, but hey, I'm lazy! Anyway, today both boys got the "Mommy is SO DARN TIRED OF POOP!" lecture as I cleaned up and put stinky pjs in the washing machine. I also told them how tired I am of doing laundry to wash just one small load of poop-scented pjs. Fortunately, they both seem to have pooped after they got up, but even though I didn't have to wash sheets, I was even more pissed that they waited until they got up, but still didn't use the potty. Well, Harrison is not potty trained at all, so he's more acceptable.

I went over the ROUTINE once again with Hutton - 1. Wake up. 2. USE THE %$%*&^* POTTY. 3. Get dressed. 4. Play or eat breakfast. Again, play or eat is #4, not before USING THE POTTY. Repeat, repeat, ask Hutton if he understands. "OK, tell me what your morning schedule is?" "Get up, eat break...I mean, use the potty..." ARRRRGGH!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of potties, mine is broken. The flapper ball leaks, according to Hubby, so I think we have an exciting trip to the Home Depot in our future. I already went Thursday with Harrison and bought mulch. Woohoo! After spreading two bags and only covering an area the size of my desk, I quickly concluded four bags wasn't enough. Think I'll have a big load of it delivered instead. Then I can spend my days outside spreading mulch. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Friday I took the boys to the University of Washington for Hutton's ABA appointment. After seeing his consultant, we went in search of food for lunch. I had heard that Red Robin had Gluten Free fries, so I got the boys psyched up for that. Hutton was surprisingly OK with having a plain hamburger patty, some lettuce and fries without ketchup (CORN SYRUP! It's EVIL!). I gave him some enzymes, too, just in case anything was contaminated with gluten or casein. After lunch though, Hutton was scripting (an Autistic behavior involving repeating lines from shows that don't really pertain to the situation). Well, in this case, though, they did sort of pertain. He was saying, "George, how 'bout we put an ice pack on your tummy?" He was talking about Curious George, but I figured out the ice pack on the tummy bit was because his own tummy hurt from lunch. He always asks for ice packs if he hurts himself. I asked him and he told me it did hurt. Crap!

We headed back to the UW for "Social Skills" group, and Hutton was saying he wanted to take a nap, so I carried him back and stayed with him for a few minutes until he magically snapped out of it when they started doing letter stamping. The plus: Harrison and I got to sing the "Hello" song. I learned my lesson about Red Robin. Sigh. We used to eat there all the time! Even my tummy hurt a bit, though. Guess the Whiskey River BBQ Burger was too much for me! Guess I'll be bringing a Thermos of gluten and nitrate-free hotdogs next time and we'll eat in the car. Yep, the diet makes for fancy eating conditions!

I realized how much I hate driving in cities (and I wasn't even in the "real" part of Seattle!) when I had to drive past the restaurant twice and turn around twice in order to park for lunch, and I almost turned the wrong way on a one-way street. Fortunately, the light was red for the oncoming traffic so I was able to back up into the intersection before we got smashed by a bus. Fun times.

One thing that actually was fun: seeing a guy pedaling his bike over the bridge over Portage Bay, carrying a Starbucks cup in his left hand. Biking with coffee! Impressive.

Time to go color my hair (for those who remember this, rest assured I'm going with a brownish hue) while the boys are distracted with Xbox and DVDs. Yes, it's a glamorous life I lead!

2 comments:

Schmoop said...

Nitrate Free Hot Dogs!!? Blasphemous!! Curious George Rocks. Good Luck with evrything and I hope the weather improves. Cheers...

Laura said...

Yes, we're all about the super healthy stuff around here now! I just had a craving for pastrami, though. Damn! Hot pastrami sandwiches are good! On regular, gluten-filled bread, of course! Curious George does indeed rock. The weather has been getting sort of sunny in the afternoon. We'll get there by May!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online