Saturday, March 18, 2006

Tempting the Cold Gods

I knew this would happen! Here I was, thinking how great my immune system was doing. Hutton has had a cold for over a week, Harrison had a runny nose, but I was still healthy! Go, Laura! It's because you work out and eat well. But not that often, and not well enough, apparently.

Yep, I've got a cold. Thursday night I had the extreme bowling ball head of sinus hell and woke up Friday feeling like I'd been trampled by elephants, who focused on my neck and spine in their trampling. Yesterday I blew my nose constantly. Last night I took a decongestant, even though I was trying to be good and not take anything suppressive so my immune system could tackle it on its own. But, you know, I'm just not strong enough! So, today the cold has moved down into my chest, and I'm coughing. Just like Hutton has been doing all week! So much for my strong immune system.

At least I'm getting a good ab workout with the coughing, not to mention the, er, kegels I'm doing when I cough to keep everything contained. Too much information, but that's what happens when you have kids -- they bring in colds and loosen everything up that once was tight.

Cough, cough. I'm not going to the gym this morning. Just walking up the stairs winds me.

Damn you, Cold Gods! You win! I was wrong to ever trust my immune system against your great powers!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same cold... :( I can't get rid of this cough for the life of me either. ARGH! It's really screwing up my kickboxing routine. I was only able to go one day last week, and the week before I couldn't go at all because I was REALLY sick.

Laura said...

I know! Hutton is still coughing a week later, and I'm worried that's how I'm going to be. I hate feeling weak and sick.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online