Sunday, March 26, 2006

Wonderful Weekend

Sometimes I wonder when my weekends went from being exciting, eagerly-awaited times, to just the same ole stuff as the rest of the week. It must have been after I became a hausfrau. Even before kids, I realized that weekends were never quite as exciting as I made them out to be. Even before I quit my job, this was usually the case, though. I think it was after I got married. No offense to my wonderful husband, but I think once I got married, we went from the excitement of weekends as being "date times" to weekends as being...just the end of the week.

When the kids are sick (Harrison is sick this weekend, last weekend I was sick, the weekend before it was Hutton) and we watch Madagascar for the 40th time since buying it Tuesday, weekends just aren't that exciting. So far this weekend, I have gone to the gym and to the grocery store. That's the extent of it. As much as I would love to go out to lunch, that's probably not going to happen because of sick Harrison. He was too cranky to go out yesterday, so I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. Harrison slept 90% of the day yesterday, which was kinda nice, but still makes me feel a bit housebound.

Maybe I'll go out to Home Depot or something exciting like that. That used to be part of nearly every weekend! Yes, that's the exciting life I lead: I remember the good old days of going to Home Depot every weekend and feel sad that I am missing out on a weekly trip to Red Robin or Acapulco Fresh.

Just so you know, I actually like Madagascar, even after 40 viewings. It's pretty funny, with lots of cultural references for the adults. It is rated PG, after all!

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Yeah, weekends are definitely leaving something to be desired these days. And then when we DO go out, we end up regretting it and spending the entire time trying not to rip off the kids' heads for publicly humiliating us with their awful behavior. And by awful behavior, I'm not talking basic yelling - I mean volume levels and offensiveness to the point of the OTHER people around us getting angry. Argh.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online