Monday, September 25, 2006

Laura's Important Tip for Today

I should have read this yesterday morning, but since it wasn't written yet...

If you decide to dye your hair for whatever reason -- to cover gray, get your sunbleached ends to match your darker roots, just for shits and giggles -- think twice before asking your five-year-old which color he thinks matches Mommy's hair.

No, you should go with your gut instinct, telling you that "French Roast" will give your hair just a little oomph. No, you're not drawn to "French Roast" just because the name makes you think of coffee. It's really the best color for you.

But wait, what was your five-your-old saying? He likes "Brilliant Bordeaux". Well, hey, that looks pretty nice, too. A nice auburn color. No, no, please don't read the box where it says that it adds, "Gold, red, copper, MAHOGANY, and/or auburn tones."

No, your son says he likes "Brilliant Bordeaux," so that's what you should get. And when your hair looks kinda PURPLISH reddish brown after you dye it, well, hey! What do you want! You took hair color advice from a five-year-old boy!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no!! I've been there before!! Those dastardly boxes foil me every time. Speaking of foil, that's all I do anymore. It costs an arm and a leg, but damn we hard workin mommas gotta look fabulous sometimes, ya know? :)

Laura said...

Yeah, I really should have just made an appointment to get my hair cut and had them dye it all purty, but no. Had to be frugal. So, now I have purple hair and I still need a haircut.

Unknown said...

Maybe I should dye my mustache...

Nate Smith
http://nateisablog.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I'll post this on your blog, too, Nate, but I think your stache would look hot in a nice muted bordeaux. Not quite as purple as brilliant bordeaux.

Pickled Olives said...

Oh Boy. That smarts. I had this happen at a SALON!!!! A nice box of coffee colored dye toned it down nicely. :)

Carmen San Diego said...

Been there and done that. Now I go spend the 100's of dollars to have the salon f it up for me instead. LOL!!!

Mr. Gin and Tonic said...

You say "purplish reddish brown" like it a BAD thing...

Anonymous said...

Hey there now, I don't think you're looking on the bright side, Laura. You've got a five-year-old son who can pronounce Bordeaux. That's pretty friggin' impressive.

Anonymous said...

I've seen your hair.

And while it is more brilliant than your normal 'do it still looks nice. I would not say it looks purple per se because I've seen that on old ladies and that is not what you got. But it is more reddish than before.

But if you want I can try to do one of those foil out of a box kits they got nowadays on you. Of course last time I did a foil kit it was my dh and he went blond with black streaks from black hair. And then my cousin who wanted a leopard motif. Then my other cousin who wanted some blue highlights...

LYLAL

Laura said...

LYLAL - Think I'll skip the leopard motif for now. :)

Yeah, the purple is faded a bit, thanks to the 12 times or so I've washed my hair in the past 3 days. Now it just looks like dyed reddish hair. I can live with that. It makes me look like I have an attitude. Me and BA Baracus. All about the attitude.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online