Sunday, September 03, 2006

Today's Bizarre Sighting

...Was a Muslim woman getting into the passenger side of a minivan in the parking lot of Target. (Well, I assume she was Muslim. She was wearing a hijab and a dark skirt on a hot day.) That's not the bizarre part.

The van pulled out in front of us, and the back window featured Winnie the Pooh window decals. Not too odd. Everyone likes Pooh, right?

No, the odd part was the "WWJD?" emblem on the bumper.

Hubby and I both had a laugh over that. We decided the family had bought the car used and didn't know what WWJD? stood for. But we both agreed that Jesus would definitely chauffeur his Muslim friends to Target when necessary. I don't know how this woman's husband would feel about other men, whether they're prophets or not, driving his wife around. I'm assuming she's married, since she was with children.

Yes, I'm making an awful lot of assumptions, but that's easier to do with Muslims. You can pretty much assume they're married if they're with children and wearing a headscarf. If any Muslim women out there want to straighten me out on this, please do so. And explain the WWJD emblem as well. Is this a Muslims for Jesus thing I don't know about?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bonus for Today:

I did a WWJD search, and this came up: one of my favorite websites ever.

I saw these a long time ago, and had these pictures stored on my computer for a while. In fact, I still do. I LOVE the Jesus playing soccer in his sandals. Tip for Jesus -- even though you're the Son of God and all, don't play against kids in cleats while wearing sandals. Definitely look at all of them. Skiing with Jesus, hockey with Jesus, ballet with Jesus...they're classic! And would make a lovely gift. Hint, hint. Just kidding, I don't have room for more "art" around here.

7 comments:

Schmoop said...

Ha, too funny...I didnt realize that the almighty was so athletic

Kristen said...

Oh, wow. Those are hilarious...

Unknown said...

Now Laura- you know that WWJD in this case stood for What Would Jihadists Do. ;)

Anonymous said...

I like the hockey one the best, he's so supportive! What a great saviour! BTW, what does WWJD stand for?

Anonymous said...

I like the hockey one the best, he's so supportive! What a great saviour! BTW, what does WWJD stand for?

Unknown said...

Clara- WWJD is typically "What Would Jesus Do?" It is something that got popular awhile back as a way to steer wayward teens and such back on to the path of righteousness. There were bracelets and books, etc.

Laura said...

Huh, my comment didn't show up! I had posted about WWJD earlier, though I think you may be right, Allie. I didn't think of Jihadists!

Update: I saw the van AGAIN this morning. I think I'll keep a tally of Jihadist Van sightings. Maybe contact the NSA. Just kidding!

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online