Saturday, September 09, 2006

Mice, I'm Was Trying to Be Nice

I was going to let you have time
to move out of the house
Hey, this rhymes!
Anyway, mouse:

The cat shoulda convinced you to dash
But you aren't being so nice
For today in my lovely yarn stash
I found mouse turds, and what is that - rice?

And on the carpet in Harrison's room
That was vacuumed the day before last
Still more of your nuggets of doom
Now I know this is not in the past.

So you're still here in our domicile
Think you can handle a kitty
Well guess what, little vermin, so vile
Soon you're gonna be in shit city.

Cause tomorrow I lay down the law
And it will be a day you will rue
When you find poison stuck in your craw
And are struggling to live in the glue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, that, er, poetic, heh, interlude was brought to you by our mouse problem. We've now had the cat a week, and today I went into my yarn drawer and found little turds everywhere, along with rice and peanut shells. Well, at least the turds and rice were dry, but still.

After vacuuming those up, I went into Harrison's room. What is this on the carpet? More turds? You've gotta be kidding me! And his closet -- I had an extra changing table pad in there with two holes chewed in it. I threw that in the garage, because I just don't feel like dealing with more vermin-tainted crap tonight.

So, as the kitty snoozes away all cozy upstairs, the mice are apparently moving freely around downstairs. I even moved an extra litter box into the downstairs bathroom to convince the mice to leave, but they seem to be moving deeper into the house instead of out. ARRRGGH! I don't like being outsmarted by tiny little things smaller than my children's feet.

Tomorrow I'm going to get medieval on their asses. Or rather, 21st Century, or the latest version of DCon Mouse Proof I can find, and whatever else the Home Depot has to offer in the way of killing small animals.

Oh, and snaps to www.rhymezone.com I had to rewrite a line that was too corny sounding and it helped me find a good rhyme. Now my poem is perfect. Yeah. Just perfect. Not corny AT ALL.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray for Rhymezone!! I needed something like that the other day. I will have to keep that in mind for the future!

I'm sorry about the mice, though. :( That absoultely sucks. Viva Dcon!

Kristen said...

Oh my. I hate to see this but I'm sure you already know it. It sounds like your mouse problem is more severe than originally thought. It sounds like there are a LOT of those critters around. Oh boy...

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online