Saturday, September 09, 2006

TheTelltale Initials (Man in Motion)

Today while we were driving home from lunch, listening to Jack FM on the radio, the song "Man in Motion" from the St. Elmo's Fire soundtrack came on as we neared our house. I quickly reminded Hubby that he owned that CD.

"Are you sure? I don't think it's mine."
"Oh, it's yours."
"I remember seeing it on the shelf, but I thought it was yours."
"Nope. I never bought the St. Elmo's Fire soundtrack."
"Maybe it was John's [a friend of his from college]. Or my freshman year roommate's. You know, he had Milli Vanilli, too."*
"Uh-huh. Sure."

Hubby was turning a little pink, but was probably thinking I'd buy it. So, as soon as we pulled in, I went to the CD rack and pulled it out (neatly filed in the soundtrack section at the bottom, in alphabetical order.) I was looking at the case when he walked by.

"Well, your initials aren't on the case, so maybe it's not yours after all," I said, opening the case.
"See, I told you!"
"Oh wait, what's this on the CD itself?"

I held up the CD so Hubby could read his initials there in Sharpie, marking St. Elmo's Fire as his very own. It wasn't scarlet Sharpie, but it might as well have been.

*I LIKE Milli Vanilli. They rocked, even if they were fakes. Rob, or Fab, whichever of you died, RIP. Now I have that video image of them dancing stuck in my head. Intermingled with "Man in Motion". Remind me never to write about songs.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hubby must have known what I was writing about. He's currently playing the St. Elmo's Fire soundtrack on his computer. He said, "Hmm, I not only have the CD, but I burned it onto my computer, too!" Yeah, really? I just have to say, the CD both sucks AND blows.

Have to leave the room before my head explodes from the horrible sounds attacking my ears. I thought the soundtrack was mostly instrumental. Not so much.

Unknown said...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm sure my own husband would be jamming right along with him... And for good measure, I'm sure Ken would pull out something by Celine Dion. How in the hell did I marry a guy who listens to such gay music sometimes?

Laura said...

Oh, well he's not THAT bad. ;) Then again, as I type this he is listening to some bad country music he liked in college. Where are my earplugs?

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online