Thursday, January 04, 2007

Doggy Hospital Visit

Harrison and I went to visit Sally at the hospital today. She had surgery yesterday to remove a ruptured disk in her lower neck/shoulder area. She looked tired and sad, but that may be from the drugs. (I usually look tired and sad, too, but that's normal for me -- no drugs involved!) She'll probably be able to come home next week, but will need physical therapy to keep her legs in tone, and we'll probably have to help her walk with slings for a while.

She whimpered a little when we got up to leave, but Harrison's ability to sit and not act like a 2 1/2 year old was reaching its limit. I'll have to go back without kids this weekend.

I'm so thankful she doesn't have cancer, though, as I sat patting her, I realized how much older she looks now -- white fur on her muzzle that used to be black or brown, that I hadn't really noticed before. I hope she'll live a long, healthy life!

2 comments:

Carmen San Diego said...

Poor thing, I'll keep it in my prayers.

Schmoop said...

Good Luck to Sally and have a good weekend Laura.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online