Monday, January 08, 2007

When Diet and Exercise Fail...

...Or aren't tried at all.

I give you.......drum roll.......... drugs for obese dogs!

That's right, now your fat dog can skip the diet and exercise that are just so hard. For you, that is. I mean, if you're going to put your dog on a diet, that means no more treats! But Schmoopsie is just soo cute! I can't resist! And taking my dog for a walk? That means I have to walk, too! And hey, if I'm going to...gulp...exercise, I'd rather do it at the gym once a month, not everyday walking with puppy.

I particularly liked this part of the story: "If you're going to spend 15 minutes, spend it walking your dog instead of cleaning up diarrhoea." Hmm. Yeah, that would be my choice, I think.

Of course, I rarely walk my own dogs. We have an invisible fence, so the dogs just go out to run several times a day. Well, Fergus does. Sally's still in the hospital, and won't be running for a while, since she still can't walk. She's using two of her four legs now, so that's something! I'm not sure when she's coming home, but I think it's going to involve some exercise for me, as well - helping support a 60 pound dog with a sling while she walks. Hey, I can use the exercise. And I've never been a good dieter. You know what, those dog drugs sound pretty nice, actually.

3 comments:

Schmoop said...

Why cant they make a pill like that for people!!

Kristen said...

I heard about these the other day. Yeah, who wants to get out and walk their dog? That's so much WORK! Let's give 'em a pill, that seems much easier. Now pass the donuts!

Laura said...

Yes, as I notice my gut hanging over my pants, I'm hoping they'll come out with the human version soon. Of course, I'll have to do some more eating and sitting around so I can become obese to "qualify" to get the pills. Hmm. Lose 10 pounds the hard way (diet and exercise) or gain 75 (just a guess as to how much would take to make me obese) the easy way (more eating and not exercising), then losing it the easy(?) way. If it involves "diarrhoea" I don't really know if I consider that easy, though.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online