Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Updates on Boy and Dog

I realized I forgot another lowlight from our trip -- the Florida portion. Nana's kitchen is crammed full of stuff, and there are spices in very easy-to-reach places. Hutton discovered a jar of red pepper one day, spilled some, and of course ended up getting some on his hands, then rubbed his eyes. We figured out what had happened from the spilled spices and screams. Nana quickly flushed his eyes with water from the sink, and we constantly reminded Hutton after that that spices aren't good to play with, nor to rub in one's eyes.

The DOG: Hubby picked Sally up from the emergency vet this morning, and was told she needed an MRI. She'd had Xrays, but nothing abnormal showed up to mark a slipped disk. After a day of muscle relaxants and steroids, she was still the same -- not able to stand -- so Hubby had to take her to a special vet north of us that offered MRIs. The MRI revealed that Sally either has a herniated disk between her 5th and 6th vertebrae, or she has a cancerous mass in that location. You can guess which one we hope it is, as a herniated disk means almost certain recovery, and a cancerous mass on her spine means just the opposite. The vet will operate on her tomorrow, so please keep your fingers crossed (and have your pets keep their paws crossed!) for us!

Another pet story: Tully went into my closet some time this morning while I was getting ready, and I inadvertantly closed the door with her inside. I was thinking soon after dinner that I hadn't seen her all day, and was about to check around the house, when Hubby heard her meowing in the closet and opened the door to find a lot of shredded carpeting where she'd attempted to escape under the door. Hey, as long as she didn't pee on my clothes or shoes, I'm fine with shredded carpet.

6 comments:

Schmoop said...

Now Hutton knows how I feel when I go out on a date...

Laura said...

You're going out with spices, Matt-Man? You may want to start with the milder ones and work up to the red pepper. Perhaps start out with a Rosemary. They usually don't make you scream...oh wait, is that what you're looking for in a date? Well, by all means, go for the spicy numbers!

Lisa said...

Keeping everything crossed for your dog's well being

Love your above comments as well..

Unknown said...

The problem with rosemary is that it tends to be a little overbearing in large amounts. Of course, that is probably exactly what is needed to stand up to the pungency of the Matt-Man.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog!! :( I am keeping my fingers crossed for her and wish her a speedy recovery!

Laura said...

Allie, I think Matt-Man can handle overbearing. Right, MM? I wanted to let you all know that Sweet Sally pulled through surgery and had a ruptured disk, so should make a full recovery, though she'll be in doggie hospital a bit longer. I'm going to go visit her tomorrow with one or two boys (my own, not some I pick up on the street). Now to figure out what the hell the kennel people were making her do to get a ruptured disk -- was she jumping down from 10 foot heights while flipping in the air? Probably not that hard for a dog to hurt herself, actually, but good thing she did it with us, and not in rural Mississippi somewhere or she'd be going the Ole Yeller route. This is long.

Schmoop said...

I was merely referring to the fact that I usually get pepper sprayed by the lady.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online