Monday, June 25, 2007

When Does School Start?

Thursday was the last day of school. We had a nice weekend. Friday was my and Hubby's tenth anniversary, but I'd neglected to find a babysitter early enough, so we had an exciting pasta dinner (rice pasta for Hutton) at home with the boys. Hubby came through with some lovely flowers and chocolates. I pulled the wife card and got him nothing. Oh well. He did get something later on. Wink, wink. Saturday, we went to the zoo. Sunday, the boys played outside and I did yard work. Almost done mulching all of my beds! Now I just have to buy play chips for the swingset area. I'm already tired of moving wood products around in wheelbarrows, though.

This morning, Hutton's ABA therapist called in sick. She's pregnant and has been missing quite a few sessions since her big announcement. Oh well. I didn't work when I was pregnant, so I can't fault her too much. The boys and I ate breakfast, then played three games of Cariboo and a much-too-long game of Balloon Lagoon. When Harrison wanted to play another game, I got off by reading him a Clifford book then turned on the TV so I could read email. We ate lunch, and the boys want to go outside again. I do have another few wheelbarrow loads of mulch to move. Sigh.

I made the mistake of looking in the storage bins under the dining room table last night, where I keep all my fabrics. Jeez, I have a lot of fabric I bought when I was convinced I was going to make Harrison cloth diapers. I ended up making a few, but had all of the bigger sizes from Hutton. So, now I have tons of cloth diaper supplies I know will not be used. By me, at least. Guess I can sell stuff on ebay. But that will involve lots of work. Another sigh. Not to mention all the fabric I bought for curtains. And the tee-shirt quilt I was going to make for Hubby from all of his college tee-shirts. (He was on his college concert committee, so went to practically every show for four years.) Hmm. Turning the tee-shirts into cleaning rags sounds a lot easier at this point. Will Hubby even care about a tee-shirt quilt if I make it, or will it end up in his closet forever? It's not like he's going to sit on the couch with it on his lap, knitting. Yeah, the cleaning rag idea is sounding better all the time.

Sigh. I suppose I need to at least get dressed today.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I was cleaning out a spare bedroom closet recently and came across a lot of fabric and curtain panels that my mother made several years ago and sent out here on the off-chance we'd want them. Unfortunately there were no windows in this house that could fit them. I have no idea what to do with them. I wish I could get all "Trading Spaces" creative with them.

As for the diapers, keep them. Octogenarianism will arrive sooner than you may think. LOL!

Anonymous said...

I have a big tote filled with spinning and knitting supplies, including lots of un-spun fleece. did the mice get it? I don't want to know. Not to mention half complete needle points, and a big mess of sharp knitting needles. Who WAS that crafty gal, anyway?? Was that me!?!? I gues I have my old age activities all ready to go!

Schmoop said...

All he got was a couple of winks? Outrageous.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Summer. Bummer. 'Nuff said.

Laura said...

Allie - True! I'll be super styling in the nursing home with my Blue's Clues and Bob the Builder diapers on, too!

Clara - Maybe we should have a Moms only summer camp where we all go to catch up on our crafts! Sit outside in the sun knitting. Sounds pretty nice, doesn't it?

Laura said...

Matt-Man - Yep, but he's got a wicked eyelash fetish, so that usually does the trick.

Kim -We had a much better day today, but I'm oversunned and dehydrated now. Tomorrow I work on the happy medium.

Alijah Fitt said...

I started saving quilting materials for when I retire (ha-ha)when I was 15. I have never even begun a quilt and have "cleaned out" at least a thousand quilts worth of saved scraps over the past 22 years. This means I have eight years worth of scraps in the sewing room at this very moment.

Laura said...

Stacy - Thank God I haven't tried quilting. Well, other than the t-shirt quilt idea, but that is still in the "crap under the dining room table" phase.

Yeah, when I retire I'm going to get so much done! Provided I stop buying all new project materials today. So I guess I shouldn't have bought that paint to refinish the crappy old cedar chest I bought on Craiglist this weekend, or the cement I'm going to use to make stepping stones for the garden (complete with foot prints of the kiddos!). Yeah, those will get done really soon. I'll never learn.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online