Sunday, August 26, 2007

Blah-de-blah, Blah-de-blah

Too much going on in my poor little brain to actually blog lately. Easier to sit on my butt reading other people's words, sipping cold coffee I'm too lazy to go reheat.

Let's see. School starts September 4th. Hutton's TK class -- the one he took last year, with the evil teacher -- is doing a job-share this year. A new teacher (!!) will be there Monday and Wednesday, regular old megabitch on Tuesday Thursday. I'm going to try it out for a month to see if it works. If not, I'll start annoying the special education director again. It's the lazy mother approach. I'm a lazy mother, so it works for me.

Harrison is still not potty trained. He can pee on the potty, he just chooses not to most of the time. Sigh. We'll see if I can still get him into his preschool class. I keep telling him if he wants to go to school, he has to use the potty like a big boy. He always says, "I'm a big boy!" but when you're peeing in a diaper that doesn't mean much.

My desk is a big mess. I have to find a new speech therapist and a new home therapist. Our current home therapist is pregnant, so I have until November, and it would be nice to have some overlap time for the new therapist to work with the current one.

Sigh. Ever have one of those days weeks years when you don't feel like doing anything?

Hubby has been working on the deck all weekend. I didn't have a party for Hutton on his sixth birthday. We went to the State Fair on his birthday instead, with my best friend and her kids. It was fun. Hot, but not unbearable. We saw lots of cute farm animals, and rode on some kiddie rides. Well, the boys did. I rode on the kiddie roller coaster with them, and bought the picture.

I'm the one in front, partially blocked by the red afro of the girl in front of me. You can't see my friend's daughter in the picture. She's sitting next to me, and is probably hiding behind the red afro. I'm not sure if it's technically an afro, since I don't know what race the girl was, and I don't like to be racist when it comes to hair, so why don't we call it fluffy hair? The adorable boys behind me are Hutton (taller one) and Harrison (shorter one). I love the faces of the other kids on the ride, as well, especially the back row. You'd think we were on the Tower of Terror. I also have the picture from that ride, which Hubby and I went on when we went to Disney World when we were dating, eleven years ago.

I'll try to be a better blogger. We'll see!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh, in follow up to this post, I had a wonderful birthday dinner. Hubby and I went to a really, really great restaurant, and ended up taking much longer than I'd thought, so we kinda screwed over the babysitter. Well, we did pay her a lot of money for being late, and she told my friend she liked my kids and didn't mind, and she'd like to sit for us again. Yeehaw! I didn't know where we were going until Hubby came home, and I neglected to read the website for the restaurant which said, "Please allow 4 to 5 hours for dinner." Yes, that's right. This restaurant serves 9(!!) courses, and into our fifth hour, we cut out early, missing part of the eight and ninth courses. We got a to go-box with the little truffles they were serving, but missed out on the 1910 Madeira wine. Oh well. Next time Hubby decides to spend that much on dinner (yeah, right!) I'll find a babysitter who can stay all night.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you and the boys on the coaster! Too cute!!

Oh and what restaurant are you talking about there? I'd love to fantasize about going there one day. lol

Laura said...

It's the Herb Farm. It was amazing. I'd recommend you go at least once in your life. But put aside more than five hours! And start working up a tolerance for alcohol in advance. When you go from drinking one drink a month to five in a row...Whee! I'm drunk and not getting quite as much out of my super-expensive meal because I'm drunk. You know, drunk people consider pizza and donuts to be the height of culinary excellence. Or at least I do. In fact, they sound pretty good right now, and I'm not even drunk.

Unknown said...

Oh I've heard of the Herb Farm! That sounds fantastic. Although long. I'm not sure if it's a good thing that I have developed a pretty great tolerance for alcohol in the last couple years. lol Now sitting for 5 hours on my ass on a restaurant chair... that's the challenge. I'd need for them to provide me with a couch. :)

Mom without a manual said...

The picture is great!

And the Herb Farm sounds like fun! However, the babysitter probably cost as much as the dinner!!!

AshleyLeo said...

Good job on the dinner execution!

So on the topic of potty training (ugh, thx for the P.T.S.S., just kidding)... I heard something pretty crazy on the way to work this morning. The D.J.s were making fun of this organization called http://www.diaperfreebaby.org/. They say that kids can be potty trained at 6 months simply by being, are you ready.... "in tune with your child".

They were talking about one particular child, a 13 month old girl (of course), that uses a hand signal for when she needs assistance, you know, to pull over and hang her over gutter on the street!

You'll have to check it out, for a laugh if anything. Maybe no diapers is the way to go! ha ha.

But seriously, potty training just sucks no matter what. I totally empathize!

AshleyLeo said...

Oh, and the updated pic is just the best.

kristi said...

4 to 5 hours for dinner? WOW. Love the photo by the way!

Anonymous said...

I think it's that time of year - behind with everything. Glad you had a great birthday and glad that you're better on the babysitting front than we are.
Cheers

Alijah Fitt said...

Love the roller coaster picture. Hooray for hubby for getting you to your birthday dinner. I'd have to wait for the 11th hour for that Madeira, wow, the entire experience sonds too good to be real.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online