Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I LOVE This Show

FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS!

I had a few episodes TiVoed, and when my mom was in town, we watched a couple. Monday night I watched three more back to back, and I laughed more than I have in ages.

It's a freaky weird show and you should watch it now! Or at least a clip, if you don't get HBO. Some background, Bret and Jemaine are the two members of "Flight of the Conchords," and they came to NYC from New Zealand to get their band more recognition. Their manager, Murray, works at the New Zealand consulate and has awesome posters in his office like: "New Zealand! It's not part of Australia" and "New Zealand: Why Not?" Anyway, the last episode had Murray taking the boys on a "warm-up tour" of some hotel lounges in New Jersey.

Right before this scene below, the guys had given a women's water polo team their room number in the hopes they'd get to hook up with them. Earlier in the episode they both bought "rock star" leather suits with their per diem money; the suits promptly shrank when they got stuck in the rain. You can see the short arms of the jackets as this clip opens.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right - Flight of the Conchords is awesome, but it 's hard to describe that dry humor to others. One of my favorite bits is when their CD doesn't sell till Murray realizes the music an be deleted and then sold as a blank disc. Jermaine is divine, I love the way he chats up the ladies.

New Zealand - why not?

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online