Friday, August 10, 2007

Lottery - You Know You Want It

The book, that is. I just got home from a book signing event in Seattle. Patricia Wood was reading from her new novel, Lottery. I loved listening to her read. Add some wine, and I was tearing up listening to her read. Well, I would have been teary eyed sans wine. I know I'm going to love this book!

The book signing was heavily attended by Patricia's family and friends, as she grew up in the Pacific Northwest. I, and a few other "regular people" were there, too. I talked a lot to a guy who is friends with one of Patricia's cousins, and he promises to have a book out soon, about his great...great grandfather, John Sargeant, a missionary who lived in Stockbridge, MA in the 1700s. It was nice to talk to a man about something other than autism and poop. Wow, I feel sooo...womanly. Oh wait, we did talk about autism. But we didn't talk about poop! Wow! I'm amazed! Did I mention I drank some wine?

Gonna start on Patricia's book right now, after I go get a chocolate cupcake from the hidden stash. Did I mention I drank some wine?

You'll have to wait to get a picture tomorrow, as my camera is in the car. I was going to try to get a picture of myself with Patricia, but you'll have to settle for one of her reading. Really, I look just like my new avatar. My skin is a tad peachier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UPDATE: I read half of the book Friday night, and finished it last night. It was wonderful! Now, go buy it!

Here's a doctored pic of me with Patricia Wood reading from her novel. I superimposed a picture I just took of myself over the back of some guy's head.

8 comments:

Schmoop said...

Did you say that you drank some wine? Cheers!!

Alijah Fitt said...

You must have drank some wine if you think for a second you look like your new Avatar.

Anonymous said...

Lucky, lucky you [for the book not the cup cake]
Cheers

Laura said...

Oh wait, I don't think I mentioned I had wine? Did I?

Stacy - I grew up next door to Matt Groening, and he based the Simpsons on my bizarre looks. OK, I'm kidding. But strangely enough, this avatar looks more like me than the old one!

Mcewen - Yeah, I really am lucky! And the cup cake was good, so lucky for that, too!

Carmen San Diego said...

Great picture! I'll have to check out the book.

ORION said...

But Laura I look like I am on some heavy medication! Wait.
Maybe I was!!!
It was really great to meet you- I only wish we had more time to chat!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Oh, so cool you went!!!! I love when my two worlds (writing/autism) collide! :) You'll love Perry L. Crandall.

Floortime Lite Mama said...

Your blog is so much fun to read

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online