Friday, May 12, 2006

Friday Already?

Yes, it's Friday.

Last night Hutton's preschool had their first ever auction, and it turned out very well. Lots of folks were there, and lots of money was raised for the Sensory Garden in the school playground, which will be a memorial to a student who died last spring. The child's father gave a touching speech and there was a nice tear-jerker slideshow presentation mid-auction of kids at the school playing. My friend babysat our kids for us, so it was nice to get out for a few hours as a couple, even though it wasn't really a date, since we were sitting at a table with other people. But, then again, I had dinner, dessert, two glasses of wine, and won an auction for a soccer ball and soccer store gift certificate, so I can buy a new pair of cleats. That's a pretty good evening for me!

So far today I have researched lead, and am waffling over whether to get rid of my fine china and crystal. We hardly ever use them, but I know they have lead in them. I want to buy a lead testing kit so I can check my everyday plates as well. Just more to be worried about! Life is much easier when one lives in ignorance.

I have also been reading up on Net Neutrality. See below for more information.

Save the Internet: Click here

Hubby and I were listening to NPR last night, also, and there was a good interview about the NSA Hubby wants to cancel our telephone service because of this. He thinks it's ridiculous that our government is tracking our phone calls for the very, very small chance they will get any information about terrorists. The number of terrorists making phone calls would be so small it wouldn't even make a blip on the graph of phone calls across the country. The fact that America stands a chance of losing Net Neutrality and our country is not outraged at having our phones tapped just disgusts me and makes me wonder about the future of this country.

On that note, time for a latte and to play with some trains with the boys.

0 comments:

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online