Wednesday, May 24, 2006

More Catch Up and a Real Nightmare

Not much going on again in the exciting life of the hausfrau.

Sunday I had a soccer game. It was one of those rare no-score games. It rained mid-game, but thankfully it was warm enough and I was running enough that my soaking wet hair and shirt didn't give me the chills. Plus, after the rain (eek! Nelson flashback there! - You definitely want to click on that link though, and check out the "Customers Who Bought This Also Bought" section) there was a beautiful rainbow.

In the final moments of the game, one of my teammates made a shot on goal, and one of the opposing team's defenders, though not the goalie, caught the ball in her hands, then quickly remembered you're not supposed to do that when you're not the goalie, and sheepishly dropped the ball, while hiding her hands behind her back, doing the old handball reflex: "Nope, couldn't have been me, I don't have any hands that anyone can see." The thing is, the ref didn't call this flagrant handball, which had it been called, would have resulted to a direct penalty kick mere inches in front of the goal. Not the kind of kick anyone could possibly miss. But the ref was very lazy, and because there was less than a minute in the game, DIDN'T CALL IT. The young daughter of a member of the opposing team looked at me as the game ended and said, "Your team should have won that!" Yes, even the kids understand these things. Oh well.

I got pissed at my hubby on Monday for getting mad at me for sleeping in. My husband works from home, and was quite annoyed that while he got the boys their yogurt and cereal breakfasts, I was snoozing away. The fact that I'd already been up at 6 am to nurse Harrison and let the dogs out was irrelevant because I had the nerve to SLEEP IN and it was 9:15 in the frickin' morning! Yep, I have some nerve. I finally got up because it wasn't like I could sleep anyway with all the angry stomping around hubby was doing. So, we yelled at each other about this, then I was pissed at hubby and avoided him all day, but we were fine by dinner time when he brought me a "let's make up" piece of frozen pizza. Yes, we're all about the romantic gestures around here.

Tuesday
we went to a mortgage refinance signing. Then I bought more plants for my garden in the hopes that the rain we've been having a lot of lately will keep them alive and that the slugs won't devour them. Slugs are one of those creatures that I really wouldn't be sad to see become extinct. Come on, they're gastropods, which means stomach foot. That's just gross. At least their snail cousins have pretty shells going for them.

The main reason for this post is the nightmare I had last night. I had a blog dream. How strange is that? Anyway, that's not the nightmare. In my dream, I received an email from Kristen, wonderful co-creator of Home on the Fringe, telling me to check my blog immediately because something bad had happened. What was this bad news? Kevin Federline had discovered my Britney-bashing on the blog and was pissed! He'd left a mean note on the blog, featuring a little picture icon of his greasy mug. I woke up in a cold sweat after that.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh--your dream is too funny! We've got your back if Kevin comes looking.... :) And you should sleep in MORE often. I might have to get your back with Jay, too!

Kristen said...

LOL...Laura, that is hilarious! And I would definitely be alerting you to any K-Fed comments AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.

Sigh, that hubby of yours sometimes forgets how much you do, I think. We must all write him letters reminding him. No, a petition!

Unknown said...

Girl, you should sleep in every flippin Sunday!

And lookout for the mysterious K-Fed. Experts say that evidence of his appearance can usually be found by the staccato of grease marks running from the nearest bus stop to the person's residence. Usually he's just raiding pantries for more Cheetos for Britney.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online