Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day Fun

This Father's Day started out for me at 3:30 a.m., when Harrison woke up. I went downstairs, patted his back, and turned on the lullaby music on the "Baby Tad" toy he sleeps with. Thankfully, that did the trick. The next time he woke up, sometime after dawn, a Father's Day miracle occurred. Hubby went downstairs and got Harrison out of his crib, and brought him upstairs to put in bed with us. Wow! I didn't have to get out of bed again! Amazing!

When I did get out of bed again around 9 (that's usually when the boys start making a lot of noise, which leads me to believe they're destroying something, plus the dogs start getting restless wanting breakfast and to go out) I decided I should do the right thing. I made waffles for the boys and myself, and a few extra to bring up to Hubby so he could have breakfast in bed on his special day. When Hutton and I took the waffles up to him, it was about 9:45. A little while later, when the boys and I were done with breakfast and came back upstairs, I checked on Hubby. Fast asleep in bed, with the empty breakfast tray sleeping beside him on my side of the bed. Awww! It looked cute enough that I didn't harbor resentment against Hubby for getting to sleep in, whereas I have not had a chance to sleep in since last week sometime. (Yes, I know 9 o'clock is sleeping in to some of you, but I don't count it, since it is sleep interrupted by Harrison every 20 minutes or so. And Hubby is much better at sleeping through the children than I am. Or he's a better sleep actor than I am. Not sure which one.)

The rest of our Father's Day will probably involve taking Hubby out to lunch at a really fancy boring place. Probably one of the places we go all the time, like Acapulco Fresh, or is Hubby is feeling crazy, Red Robin. And we'll give him the little box I ordered with a "Hutton Original" watercolor on the lid. It turned out very well, and I think it will look good on the dresser to help contain all the stuff that seems to multiply in Hubby's pants pockets.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

0 comments:

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online