Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Catsup

Ketchup is good, isn't it? One of my fave condiments. I last had it on Thursday, when we went to McDonald's after Hutton's speech therapy session. We have 30 minutes to get home from speech therapy in time for Hutton to catch the bus, and that usually means I feed my children crap, like, well, McDonald's. I only feel guilty about it when he gives me away in front of his speech therapist. I walk in to pick him up, ask him what he's been doing, and he happily exclaims, "Go to McDonald's for lunch!" I sort of mumble under my breath, "Yeah, we'll see..." meaning, "Of course we're going to McDonald's, it's a speech therapy day, isn't it?"

Anyway, as I was driving home, with my #2 combo in my lap, enjoying my salty fries with ketchup, I looked down at a stop light, and was horrified to see that McDonald's now puts the nutritional information on the medium size fries. Gasp! Should I really eat these? After all they have more calories than I usually eat in an entire meal, and that's not including the quarter pounder and Mr. Pibb. Hmm, I guess it's OK if it's only once a week (or twice...). After all, Harrison is still nursing, so I get extra calories for that, right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have to send a shout out to my friends L, M and A on the birth of little J. Congrats! He's gorgeous!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anyone else watch the Sopranos? Hubby and I were annoyed and disappointed by last night's episode. Considering it will be another 12 years before Season 8, that wasn't that impressive. I was getting more confused than I normally do. (During a normal episode, we have to pause several times to discuss: "Wait, who's that guy? Who are they talking about? Isn't he dead?") I really liked that skit from SNL last year about the Sopranos, where even the characters didn't remember what was happening on the show.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A quote I read in last week's Time that I really enjoyed:

"We want Barbaro [this year's Kentucky Derby winner, who broke his leg in the Preakness] to have a reasonable quality of life," says [surgeon who repaired his leg] Richardson. "I think that would be enhanced if he's able to have sex with lots of pretty mares."

Hey, who doesn't love the pretty mares?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I had no idea they starting putting the nutritional info on the medium McD's fries. It's bad enough that I know they are 10 points, which is 1/3 of my daily calories. Yikes. But soooo sooo good. I stopped at McD's today for some snacks for us to eat. Elias had the apples, I had a yogurt parfait. Natalie insisted on the french fries. I had one. Just ONE, and I wanted more. I think there is crack in all that salt. ;)

Kristen said...

Yum, McDonald's fries. Damn those calories.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online