Friday, June 02, 2006

A Really Sh*tty Post

WARNING! The following post is about poop. Do not read if you have a weak stomach!

Yes, I've sunk to a new low. I'm writing about poop. It's just because of two particularly shitty events today. Literally.

The first: I heard Hutton go into the bathroom and close the door, and he didn't emerge within a minute, so I knew he was pooping. I went down to help him clean up. This is probably one of the worst parts of being a mother - having to wipe another human's butt, often several times a day, for many years.

Anyway, after wiping Hutton down, I noticed he hadn't flushed the toilet yet, which he usually does immediately after pooping. So, I went to flush, but noticed that his turds were a really gross (well, most poop is!) gray color. So, I decided to read up on my autism sites about poop color issues. (Autism often has lots of bowel issues involved, which is why many children with autism benefit from being on special diets, such as the gluten-free and casein-free diet, which Hutton was on for about 9 months.) I really didn't find what I was looking for, but came across this site, which is really very funny. So, thought I'd share the scatological humor with anyone who shares my juvenile tastes.

On to the second shitty event. Harrison came over to me this evening asking to be picked up. I bent down to pick him up and noticed immediately that he'd been busy filling his diaper while I was researching poop. I then noticed that the poop had leaked out of his onesie (his pants had been thrown into the hamper hours earlier, after he got them muddy and wet outside) and was all over his legs and on the toddler rocking chair he'd been sitting in. Yay! I love poops that involve not only hosing down my child, but also doing an extra load (no pun intended) of laundry.

Well, that's all there is to that. See, not too terribly graphic. Well, at least not for other moms. Or teenage boys. I remember lots of poop talk from my guy friends in high school. Lee, are you out there? I'm thinking of you!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ugh....I can't stand when it leaves the diaper!

Unknown said...

Elias has been having more and more of those diaper-exiting craps lately, and it's just awful. I really really, no REALLY wish the kid would potty train once and for all! I've SO paid my dues!

Hope you are able to find out the cause of Hutton's peculiar poo hue. ;)

Kristen said...

Okay, the grayish poop sounds odd. Did you figure out what it was?

Quinn now wears underwear successfully all day long, but he wears diapers for naps and bedtime. Because of that, he has started reserving his poop times for naps and early morning. That means every time I go to get him out of bed, he's poopy. Nice.

Oh, and I meant to tell you this earlier - we still have to wipe Bryce when he poops, too. I think it's somewhat age appropriate, but it does really bug me now that he's to an age that I would consider him capable of doing it on his own. I guess I miscalculated that age, though, because it sounds like everyone else on the MSN board is still doing it too.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online