Thursday, June 22, 2006

Karma for the Angry Bitch

I'll start this out by saying that I don't really believe in Karma. I wish it existed, but I don't believe it. If it existed, there are so many things that would be different in this world.

On that note, this morning was the perfect payback for my angry day yesterday (and the angry days before yesterday). I got up early enough to make the boys breakfast at home, rather than putting them in the car and throwing granola bars at them, which is the usual Tuesday and Thursday morning routine, since we have to leave by 8:30 to make it to Hutton's speech therapy on time. And, because I had enough time, I made myself a coffee, too. Not just a regular drip. No, I don't drink that crap around here! I made myself a double mocha...with whip. So, I placed my giant mug (no, I didn't put the coffee in a Thermos) on the center console, and got the boys in their carseats. I was feeling so smug, as I climbed into the driver's seat, and swung my big, stupid, clumsy elbow right into the mug of coffee I hadn't yet placed in the cup holder three inches in front of it.

It immediately toppled upside down onto the floor board in front of Harrison. There was barely a drip of coffee left in the mug as I sadly picked it up and brought it inside, where I grabbed a huge stack of towels to soak up the mess.

I didn't allow myself to wallow in misery. I just chalked it up to bad karma from my bitchiness for the past week. And you know what? We've had an awesome day today!

After Hutton's speech therapy, we went to lunch, then to the Children's Museum, where we all had a great time. Then to the pet store for dog food, and on the way home we got ice cream.

So, even though I don't believe in you, Karma, you've made me a kinder, gentler Mommy today. Thank you!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had a good day, even after your mocha spilled everywhere. Hope your weekend gets even better!

Anonymous said...

I believe in Karma, I just think it keeps a crappy schedule.

Hope you don't spill any more coffee. I'd hate to see you injured like that woman who wound up suing McDonald's.

© blogger templates 3 column | Make Money Online